6.5 sub

oryan20xx
10+ year member

WA
Looking to add some bass to my truck, planning on getting one 6.5 sub. Using an old Memphis 250d that is 250 watts rms. Subs I've found are:

Massive Audio Summo 64

CT Sounds Tropo

CT Sounds Meso

DS18 Elite Z6

Memphis PRX6D1

JL 6W3v3

Others?

Looking to add some bass to my truck, planning on getting one 6.5 sub. Using an old Memphis 250d that is 250 watts rms. Subs I've found are:Massive Audio Summo 64

CT Sounds Tropo

CT Sounds Meso

DS18 Elite Z6

Memphis PRX6D1

JL 6W3v3

Others?
how about the 6.5s that actually hit 150 db with just a pair on stock electrical, no big 3....

Its a series tuned 6th order 1 note wonder box. Basically a ported box feeding into another ported box.

I would look at digital designs, tang band and american bass offerings as well as what was mentioned above.
AAAAAAND this is what the owner has to say to you.

Guy actually has bandwidth down to the 28hz range with his vids on facebook. No changing ports, its the same box as the 150 burp. He did spend a whole year rebuilding over and over multiple times to get to this stage.

do u know what amp he's using cause that car has tiny alt i'm sure..
get this... the rear two channels of his sundown 200.4 which is 200 per 6.5

The meter is in the kick which imo is about as useful as looking at dynamic power ratings on amp dynos. You can tell its still peaky, I wonder how well the transient response is in person.
oh its hella peaky. It plays music but its definitely not a flat response by any means, not even close. Its a single octave wonder more than a one note wonder though.

oh its hella peaky. It plays music but its definitely not a flat response by any means, not even close. Its a single octave wonder more than a one note wonder though.
wow lol i did that with 2 memphis 12's sealed on a orion 800.4 18 yrs or so ago. sounded great but 20db less of course.. yeah it's the small sub with low power and no electrical upgrades that make it impressive.. if he had 2k or even 500rms per sub with ho alt, 2nd batt and big wire and all wouldn't be quite as shocking..

I wonder how many woofers he went through during testing and I wonder what it meters sealed on the dash.

Looking to add some bass to my truck, planning on getting one 6.5 sub. Using an old Memphis 250d that is 250 watts rms. Subs I've found are:Massive Audio Summo 64

CT Sounds Tropo

CT Sounds Meso

DS18 Elite Z6

Memphis PRX6D1

JL 6W3v3

Others?
The DD LT is a beast it’s an old school sub that I’ve experimented with and they can be quite amazing ..I think I have a spare brand new one I may be selling soon

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.