ground to strut tower bolt?

Easy way to check. Get your DMM and set it to Ohms. Put one probe on the battery negative and the other probe on the spot you want to see if its a good ground. You can extend the probe with a wire if need be to reach both spots. If resistance is

Easy way to check. Get your DMM and set it to Ohms. Put one probe on the battery negative and the other probe on the spot you want to see if its a good ground. You can extend the probe with a wire if need be to reach both spots. If resistance is if it is good.. can i run ground from alt bracket to that (or another) bolt and then run a 2nd wire from either spot to battery or should i run both ground wires to battery ground (seen it done both ways).. i have tight fit between fuse box and belts/pulleys supercharger (even the factory wires are close to belts i have them zipped to pull them away)

Ideally you want one ground spot or you risk noise. Atleast that's what ive always been taught. I feel like alot of those rules of thumbs are from the old days when amplifiers were prone to noise.

If at all possible. Try both temporarily or do whats easiest. Sorry electrical isn't my strong suit.

I know its important to have "as much ground as you have positive" but i couldn't tell you the science behind it. Bottleneck for the electrons creating heat most likely.

Run both and see if you have noise. If not. Your gold.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

i'm just talking about big 3 peeps say don't use existing bolt.. car has a frame support bar over battery i was thinking of grinding paint off under one and grounding the from alt bracket and then to batt seems like a good solid spot (or stut tower) and maybe easier to run wire.. thinking hard on this 2ga copper cause it'll be easier to fit in the tight space i have to run it.. https://www.ebay.com/itm/BIG-3-Upgrade-2-AWG-Gauge-OFC-Copper-SNAKE-Cable-Alternator-Electrical-Wire-Kit/122789106858?_trkparms=aid%3D555018%26algo%3DPL.SIM%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D44040%26meid%3D0fb2336050d148b3bde3e773578d8e7f%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D122789012829%26itm%3D122789106858&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

Last edited by a moderator:
got my gp wires in laid them out to see where they'll fit and reach. 1 by battery is very short so i'll have 3 feet left on that wire and if i ground alt bolt to strut tower on that side it'll be 1ft long too so i'd have 2 3 foot left.. idk if i should run just 1 to the other side of car (strut bolt) from alt bolt is better than doing on same side of car.. https://imgur.com/s4baMxq i could run ground to strut tower on each side of car from alt bracket + batt ground beside battery.. https://imgur.com/tTuKEDs

Omfg

"car has a frame support bar over battery i was thinking of grinding paint off under one and grounding the from alt bracket and then to batt seems like a good solid spot"

This made my day.

Omfg "car has a frame support bar over battery i was thinking of grinding paint off under one and grounding the from alt bracket and then to batt seems like a good solid spot"

This made my day.
Nobody knows everything. That's why people go to forums and ask questions or for some help.

Nobody knows everything. That's why people go to forums and ask questions or for some help.
people are giving him **** because OP seems to recommend bs to people all the time without knowing whether or not its a good idea

Im NOT an expert, and still have many questions.. But i lol'd too. Use the fk battery!
i'm gonna run wire from factory ground to batt but have to bend ring to make it fit there.. i made sure the wire is long enough to move it to battery later but i'll have to get 0-4 ga reducer to make both fit on batt terminals.. also u see i posted this days ago (as u and others have said to ask questions) and none of u replied..

Omfg "car has a frame support bar over battery i was thinking of grinding paint off under one and grounding the from alt bracket and then to batt seems like a good solid spot"

This made my day.
yeah i thought about that too but again only 1 guy replied to this days ago.. so u think that bar is good spot to ground alt bracket better that strut i guess is what u saying? was planning to mount fuse on that bar though is 1 reason i changed my mind.. if i can run both grounds to batt (after i bend ring to fit beside battery for body ground and get 0-4ga reducer) i will run them to battery if they both wires fit in the tight spot beside fuse box..

sonix does a lot of stupid **** too
it would be great if everyone was as good at assistance as they are at insults... so i will swap that wire to batt terminal next day or 2 but because of supercharger and belt won't be able to fit 2nd ground wire in there and chassis wire is the smallest and needs upgraded most.. should i run 1 from closer strut tower to batt or just 1 from alt to strut and 2nd piece from that to batt so will 1 ground work for both motor and ground? this is why i put all this off my battery is such a tight fit i'll have to remove new battery terminal just to get into fuse box as is..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.