Skar RP-4500.1d

KilluminatiDre
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Japan
Ok...so I know theres a lot of people who hate Skar but I would like to know if anyone has any PERSONAL experience with this amp in particular? Whether it's owning one or seeing it in action. I'd rather this not turn into a Skar bash fest but I'm sure I'll happen anyway lol

Also I'm looking at this as my alternative to the Wolfram W-4500.1 if that doesn't get released soon.

when you buy a product your buying into the company / owner

so if either portion of the equation falls short

move on to product that does not

or don't

And I feel that if you spent the $$$ for a pair of ZV3-15's... doin em justice with the bigger amp would be smart... some issues I remember at one point with the Taramps but have seen nothing in awhile. Could have been user error... IDK

when you buy a product your buying into the company / owner
so if either portion of the equation falls short

move on to product that does not

or don't
And I feel that if you spent the $$$ for a pair of ZV3-15's... doin em justice with the bigger amp would be smart... some issues I remember at one point with the Taramps but have seen nothing in awhile. Could have been user error... IDK
good point on both

i would like to see the tara on the dyno. the rp looks to be a monster from the only video ive seen. over 4900 certified and 6k dynamic at 1 ohm

edit oops that was the sk4500

The RP line is made by S&I's chinese division, which is better than the buildhouse that does CAB and some other chinese amps... but not as good as the Korean S&I amps (Who are comparable to Zenon). Therefore... Wait a week until the Wolfram amps are released out of customs and you'll have a better amp. But get the amp on Pre-Sale because I do know the minute those amps hit the Wolfram Warehouse they are going up in price to $699...

The RP line is made by S&I's chinese division, which is better than the buildhouse that does CAB and some other chinese amps... but not as good as the Korean S&I amps (Who are comparable to Zenon). Therefore... Wait a week until the Wolfram amps are released out of customs and you'll have a better amp. But get the amp on Pre-Sale because I do know the minute those amps hit the Wolfram Warehouse they are going up in price to $699...
Thats good to know. Thanks.

Their Korean amps are the same Korean amps everybody else sells and their Chinese amps are the same Chinese amps that everybody else sells. Any particular reason you're looking at Skar as opposed to the 20 other name brands you could have slapped on it?

Their Korean amps are the same Korean amps everybody else sells and their Chinese amps are the same Chinese amps that everybody else sells. Any particular reason you're looking at Skar as opposed to the 20 other name brands you could have slapped on it?
Please educate me on this because I don't know of 20 other brands that have 4k or 4.5k for $600. I know of this one, the Wolfram W-4500 and the orion XTR4000.1d. I would love to have more options to look at.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.