Sign in to follow this  
Superdude1987

Subwoofer amp & setup options. Help/opinions wanted!

Hey guys, just wanted to get some opinions as I am upgrading the system in my '14 Tacoma and want to optimize the gear I have. Currently, I'm running a JL 10Tw3 powerwedge & Focal 165AS front speakers, all from a JL XD700/5. I am going to upgrade by adding another identical sub and swapping out the amp for a JL XD1000/5. My question is should I run the entire system (2 10" subs & all speakers) with the new 1000/5, or could I use the 1000/5 to power just the subs and used the XD700/5 to run the speakers? So, when all is said and done, this is the gear I will have:

Subs: 2 x JL 10TW3: JL Audio: Car Stereo, Speakers, Subs, Amps, Home Theater

Amps: 1 JL XD700/5v2 & 1 JL XD1000/5v2: JL Audio: Car Stereo, Speakers, Subs, Amps, Home Theater & JL Audio: Car Stereo, Speakers, Subs, Amps, Home Theater

Front speakers: FOCAL 165AS -- https://www.crutchfield.com/S-sID1dC...nce-165AS.html

Is your guy's opinions, what is the best way to utilize this to its full potential? Do I run the whole thing from the XD 1000/5v2 or do I use both amps? Any advice is appreciated, thanks so much!

what impedance are the subs?

your links dont work

Alpine 9887, Oz ME 180CS, RF R500X1D, 12" RE SE Sealed, Second Skin Damp Pro

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this