2018 Honda Accord - Simple Yet Effective

Participant count
  • Participant list

SkizeR
10+ year member

New York
Hey guys, another build in the books. This one was pretty quick. A new member of another forum was looking for some guidance about various estimates/advice some other shops gave him.

Thankfully after giving him some advice, John put his faith in my and let me have a go at the install. He dropped his car off and hung out at the shop this past saturday with me and a few other customers of mine checking out their cars, talking, etc etc. It was fun. The goal for this build was make it as budget friendly as possible, while getting the most out of it in terms of SQ and leave room for possible upgrades. Equipment list as follows.

SB Acoustics SB17CRC35-4 Mids

SEAS Prestige 27TAFNC/G Tweeters

Zapco ST-6X SQ

ST-500XM II

Audiofrog G12 subwoofer

Helix DSP.2

For anyone wondering, this is the base model radio without a subwoofer or amplifier. The front left and right speaker level signal was grabbed and needed some input eq correction on the low end as there was a high pass filter applied. The rear speakers also had a high pass, so i didnt bother using those as the front speakers are what get bluetooth, chimes, and prompts.

Heres John's new baby..

7fiKEhh.jpg

wOC1QHL.jpg

I'm always surprised every time i use the SB17's. Very good for their price. Although this was my first time using the carbon cone version.

7HYp6K2.jpg

After routing out some baffles that matched the oem speaker brackets, the mids were installed and the doors were fully sealed and deadened. After that, closed cell foam was applied, along with closed cell foam rings around the mids to couple them to the cabin. 47uF caps were also installed to protect the tweeters.

iQ4zXb2.jpg

52LcSuP.jpg

C13jWMM.jpg

QViImj0.jpg

Main power wire and fuse holder.

CAMFDpO.jpg

All RCA's and speaker wire labeled. Its the small things in life.

go8oIlv.jpg

Amp rack all wired up and ready to be installed. Unfortunately didnt have any carpet that matched the oem color on hand. Would have ordered it but this car was only here for a couple days.

AADwgmc.jpg

Audiofrog G12 and amp rack all in place and wired up. Like all things Audiofrog, im very surprised with the G12's performance. Great sounding subwoofer for around the $200 or less price range.

euemSoq.jpg

KlWFfVS.jpg

looks very clean! I bet it sounds that way as well
Thanks. It did end up sounding very good, especially considering how basic it is.

uhsuhh

Your builds are always great. Thanks for sharing. I don't think Helix, Zapco, Audiofrog are "budget" by standards around this board though.
thanks, and my pleasure. the amps total to under 550, and the sub is under 200. definitely budget in terms of how they perform. The helix, well its not the cheapest dsp, but its no doubt the best on the market for an 8 channel offering. This car needed something with input eq also, so we couldnt use many of the other budget offerings without really sacrificing something else

Beautiful install.
Thank you

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.