Suggestions for Nissan R50 Pathfinder 2001 Plz!

Participant count
  • Participant list

DJDESI

Qatar
Dear All,

I have a 2001 Nissan Pathfinder R50 and its my daily drive and also use it extensively for long road and camping trips. I am looking for that great sound for those long road journeys. Please recommend and suggest! I will eventually change my current head unit but not right now. Currently I have a Sony XAV64BT and my main source of music is usually from an USB!

Front doors: ?

Rear doors: ?

Subwoofer: ?

Amplifier: ?

Cables: ?

Warm Regards,

DJ

how much bass do u want? how much $ u want to spend? normally we don't even use rear speakers.., so if factorys work just use them save that $ for either better speakers in front or 2 subs instead of 1 or nicer sub..

I carry alot of camping and recovery gear so there will not be enough space for 2 subwoofers. One will be more than enough for me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

My budget if I stretch it will not be more than 600$ but that said, I dont have to do everything all at once. I can get stuff step by step.

There's space for rear door speakers but I am sure I have never heard anything from there so I am hoping for something like a surround sound. Correct me if I am wrong though.

As for Bass, it depends upon what I am listening to or how the mood is //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Regards,

DJ

tghis amp will give u 70rms to 2 or 4 speakers and 440rms to a sub at 2 ohm (same line as my mono amp) https://www.amazon.com/Precision-Power-P900-5-5-Channel-Amplifier/dp/B00DRMQ2N2/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1520991616&sr=8-8&keywords=precision+power+amplifier this will sound good with right d4 sub wire to 2 ohm.. or u can just get bigger mono amp and sub and power speakers on hu if u like but u do need hp xover for speakers if hu don't have it there are few hu's jvc -kenwood $59-$119 that have those or get 2nd amp later for mids..

So if i understand you correctly, you are recommending...

Front doors: ?

Rear doors: ?

Subwoofer: ?

Amplifier: Precision Power P900.5 900-Watt Phantom Series Class D Full Range 5-Channel Amplifier

Cables: ?

Regards //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

DJ

well like i said most of us don't use rears.. u can get an amp (maybe even 2 1 bigger mono for sub 12 or 4 channel) u could power rear speakers on hu if they don't distort just keep factory speakers back there.. either way put better speakers up front with and amp at least 40rms per speaker with high pass xover at 80-100 hz to prevent distortion.. if the hu u have now has a hp xover for speakers set that to 80hz now see if they sound ok with that if so get mono amp and a 12" sub and box (ported box is louder but bigger).. after u get sub and amp u can see if u need to power other speakers or get the 5 channel and power all 4 if u want and sub and replace speakers if needed.. othe option is 4 channel amp run just power front speakers on 2 channels and bridge rear 2 for the sub.. these are your options if hu doesn't have hp xover (and u want to keep hu u have) u really need xover so u should amp them.. once u settle on amp u want and what u want to buy 1st we can recommend sub for that amp

Thank you for your advice. Much appreciated //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

As per your recommendation, I think I will go for the following:

Front doors: JBL GTO609c

Amplifier: Precision Power P900.5 900-Watt Phantom Series Class D Full Range 5-Channel Amplifier

Any suggestions for 10-12 inch subwoofer and the complete cable set for speakers, amp and the sub pretty plz?

Regards,

DJ

well like i said most of us don't use rears.. u can get an amp (maybe even 2 1 bigger mono for sub 12 or 4 channel) u could power rear speakers on hu if they don't distort just keep factory speakers back there.. either way put better speakers up front with and amp at least 40rms per speaker with high pass xover at 80-100 hz to prevent distortion.. if the hu u have now has a hp xover for speakers set that to 80hz now see if they sound ok with that if so get mono amp and a 12" sub and box (ported box is louder but bigger).. after u get sub and amp u can see if u need to power other speakers or get the 5 channel and power all 4 if u want and sub and replace speakers if needed.. othe option is 4 channel amp run just power front speakers on 2 channels and bridge rear 2 for the sub.. these are your options if hu doesn't have hp xover (and u want to keep hu u have) u really need xover so u should amp them.. once u settle on amp u want and what u want to buy 1st we can recommend sub for that amp

Any recommendations plz?

Regards,

DJ

Any recommendations plz?
Regards,

DJ
u can put same speakers in back if u want, i'd just do the amp 1st set hp over at 100hz with sub lp at 100 hz see how speakers u have sound replace fronts first, may not need new rears safe that $ set gain lower to rears.... well as far as power wires go just get wire that says 100% copper ofc (make sure it's100% cooper not just cable) 4ga would do on that amp but 2 or 0 is better but not cheap.. u can get 1/2 welding wire it's smaller than 0 ga stereo wire but good stuff.. as far as rcas knukonceptz has great ones (may find them on ebay while searching) unless u get a good amp kit with rcas but u will need more than 1 set for the amp.. i guess u gonna do a sealed box since u wanta save space sealed limits what subs u can get just because most are made for ported these days.. dayton subs on parts express are popular for sealed they have 5 yr warranty too.. if u can do ported other subs out there maybe even cheaper ones for the power amp has, that said even pioneer 3003 $80 will make good bass on that power ported or sealed (mine was pretty loud ported on twice that power)

Pioneer 3003 D4 it is then //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Just a quick question for you, do you have tweeters in your vehicle? The only reason I'm asking is because if you have tweeters in your location, you have better options for 6.5" component speakers.

And you can go buy adapters from this guy here: PVC Speaker Adapters - CNC Machined - In Stock or Custom Made. Real nice guy. Just give him your make and model of the vehicle and he'll send you the speaker adapters to install in your vehicle. I've used his adapters on my 4runner and it helps tremendously. If you know how to fabricate, then you can probably do it yourself to save money, but if not, this is the next best thing IMO.

Just a quick question for you, do you have tweeters in your vehicle? The only reason I'm asking is because if you have tweeters in your location, you have better options for 6.5" component speakers.

It has one tweeter on A-Panel left and right!

What are your recommendations and suggestions for the front speakers please?

Regards,

DJ

PS: Thanks for the adapter link //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

[quote name='DJDESI']It has one tweeter on A-Panel left and right!

What are your recommendations and suggestions for the front speakers please?

Regards,

DJ

PS: Thanks for the adapter link :)[/QUOTE]

I would recommend a component set of speakers, but that’s not too well liked here. A lot of the members here take their sound system seriously. Unfortunately for me, the stuff that they do goes way over my head to understand any of that stuff.

As far as budget goes, I’d recommend the NVX VSP65 Kit 6.5” component speaker set, which comes with 2x 6.5” mid speakers and 2x 1” silk dome tweeters and 2 passive crossovers. You can purchase those speakers from Sonic Electronix. There are probably better brands out there when it comes to component speaker sets but unfortunately I’m not familiar with those. These I’m familiar with since I own a set of these speakers.

If you want to go active or maybe just get a set of better sounding speakers, @Jeffdachef @Boomin_tahoe and everyone else on this forum have way better knowledge than I do. I’m still a newbie when it comes to car audio, and I can only tell you what experiences I have had so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

for his needs, he wont need active since it might be too advanced for him. Some simple components/coaxials would suffice.

as for the OP, you'll need a 4 gauge amp kit, i'd just get the knukonceptz 4 gauge kit from amazon. You'll also need another pair of 15-20 feet rcas. You'll also need a female to two male Y splitter cable since your head unit only has two pairs of RCA outputs, one will be used for door speakers and the other will be used for subs, you'll need to split the pair of rca ouputs for the door speakers if you want both front and rears to work.

This is the splitter i'm talking about.

31k55ebf7GL._SY355_.jpg

Finally took the plunge and bought some stuff from Amazon which will arrive in a weeks time. This is what I have bought:

1 - Pioneer TS-W3003D4 12" Sub 1

2 - JBL GTO609c front speakers Pair

3 - NEP OFC 2 AWG Amp wiring kit 20' 1

4 - RCA Splitter by InstallGear 1

5 - RCA Cable by Sky High OFC 20' 1

6 - Blue Sea Circuit box 1

7 - Stinger 32SGP Relay 200amp 1

My nephew will be flying out of USA next week so it has saved me alot of shipping $$$$$

Now I need a good amp... I tried to look for PPi as suggested earlier but its 200+ $ right now on Amazon and 164$ on ebay but the shipping dates dont match up. Now that you know my sub and speakers, please suggest recommend me a good long lasting awesome sounding perfect Amplifier pretty plz

Warm regards,

DJ

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.