Litium car audio batteries

KilluminatiDre
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Japan
Anyone have any real world experience with lithium car audio batteries? Theres a new company out thats selling these with claims that their 40 ah will sustain 4500 rms on a stock alternator. Only videos i can find so far are theirs.

Lithium has pros and cons. Depends what your system goals are. Lithium actually ***** for full on burp cars. Caps are much better imo. Lithium is better for music builds, but still needs alt support. Otherwise it will deliver its amperage at 12v. I still honestly think that all things equal, a bank of quality agm like XS or Northstar will still outperform lithium. But there are space and weight constraints.

To me, the ideal lithium customer is someone who doesnt chase the meter, and has definite weight or size restrictions.

Ive used commercially released lithium (Limitless) and garage made lithium (tenergy and headway)... my observations are true for both

Lithium has pros and cons. Depends what your system goals are. Lithium actually ***** for full on burp cars. Caps are much better imo. Lithium is better for music builds, but still needs alt support. Otherwise it will deliver its amperage at 12v. I still honestly think that all things equal, a bank of quality agm like XS or Northstar will still outperform lithium. But there are space and weight constraints.
To me, the ideal lithium customer is someone who doesnt chase the meter, and has definite weight or size restrictions.

Ive used commercially released lithium (Limitless) and garage made lithium (tenergy and headway)... my observations are true for both
From what I read the chartirestics between the types of lithuim change that.

So you suggest a d7500 over a 40ah lithium?

Can i use a lithium along with another type of battery together?

Caps plus lithium is where it's at //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Kr15, can you give elaborate examples of where you think agm is better than lithium?

The only thing I can think of is reserve capacity per $1 is better with agm... but.. beyond that, I'm open for discussion.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.