KilluminatiDre

Litium car audio batteries

Anyone have any real world experience with lithium car audio batteries? Theres a new company out thats selling these with claims that their 40 ah will sustain 4500 rms on a stock alternator. Only videos i can find so far are theirs.

Yea. And you can buy cells and build a 48ah for 500.. good for about 6k.

i told wife guy on here pm'ed me wanting to buy my amp she said tell him it not fs (cause she knows i'll spend more $ on new one) and told her i wanted d2 sub for bday next week she said tell ya'll i'm to old to go down to 1ohm lol..

There's different kinds of lithium, I'm stepping away from iron phosphate.

Team Bang Hard Ohio Chapter

2013 Subaru Legacy B-Pillar

4 Crossfire v4 18s

4 Crossfire 4k's

2 Crossfire 2000.4s with Ampere JM1 Dsp

3 SINGER 270's + MI Solar 115ah 18v + 16.5ah 12v x2

There's different kinds of lithium, I'm stepping away from iron phosphate.

The Cobalts bruh

i told wife guy on here pm'ed me wanting to buy my amp she said tell him it not fs (cause she knows i'll spend more $ on new one) and told her i wanted d2 sub for bday next week she said tell ya'll i'm to old to go down to 1ohm lol..

The Cobalts bruh

titanate bruh

4 Crossfire v4 18s

4 Crossfire 4k's

titanate bruh

Ohh myy

Lithium is the future. You want a 3 month old JY 80ah lithium for $1200?

2016 Focus ST3 - Rockford DSR1 / PPI 900.4 / Silverflute 6.5" mids / Massive CT2 tweeters /Sundown Xv2 15"/ Taramps DSP3k / Stinger Roadkill / KNU wiring / Northstar SMSAGM80 /

2010 Focus coupe 157@46hz

Pioneer 80prs /(8) FU Audio 750 12"s / (4) FSD 2600s / (1) FSD 125.4 / (1) FSD 85.4 / (4) Crescendo UN-10" mids / (4) Crescendo FT1 tweeters / Stinger Roadkill / 2/0 EB flex wire / (5) Powerware 90AH batteries / DC 270XP Alt /

https://www.youtube.com/popwarhomie

too many freq at once, burn the coil, we all know, over 40-50hz, its all coilburning material.

Lithium is the future. You want a 3 month old JY 80ah lithium for $1200?

Holy ****.

Lithium has pros and cons. Depends what your system goals are. Lithium actually ***** for full on burp cars. Caps are much better imo. Lithium is better for music builds, but still needs alt support. Otherwise it will deliver its amperage at 12v. I still honestly think that all things equal, a bank of quality agm like XS or Northstar will still outperform lithium. But there are space and weight constraints.

To me, the ideal lithium customer is someone who doesnt chase the meter, and has definite weight or size restrictions.

Ive used commercially released lithium (Limitless) and garage made lithium (tenergy and headway)... my observations are true for both

Team Flex Issues

JVF Customz

REFS- Supergumby5000, Lastcall, 919motoring, hippishake, daboyfromdabx (great seller), beach22

Lithium has pros and cons. Depends what your system goals are. Lithium actually ***** for full on burp cars. Caps are much better imo. Lithium is better for music builds, but still needs alt support. Otherwise it will deliver its amperage at 12v. I still honestly think that all things equal, a bank of quality agm like XS or Northstar will still outperform lithium. But there are space and weight constraints.

To me, the ideal lithium customer is someone who doesnt chase the meter, and has definite weight or size restrictions.

Ive used commercially released lithium (Limitless) and garage made lithium (tenergy and headway)... my observations are true for both

From what I read the chartirestics between the types of lithuim change that.

So you suggest a d7500 over a 40ah lithium?

Can i use a lithium along with another type of battery together?

Caps plus lithium is where it's at :D

Kr15, can you give elaborate examples of where you think agm is better than lithium?

The only thing I can think of is reserve capacity per $1 is better with agm... but.. beyond that, I'm open for discussion.

Why step away from iron phosphate?

titanate has more than 2x the cycle life, recharges even faster, and biggest one for me is -40 degree temp rating. Kevin at mi solar is making me a custom 16v 115ah as we speak.

4 Crossfire v4 18s

4 Crossfire 4k's

Im not a chemist to know WHY, or what specifically is going on. But most ppl I know who jumped on the hype train and converted large agm and or cap banks to lithium, lost on the meter. Lithium is weird, it will deliver its amperage burst, but will still drop. Anyone that chases tenths will know that 5k clean at 14v will meter louder than 5k at 11.5v.

I tested a limitless 15ah, supposedly good for 3k on stock alt, vs a group 31 deka agm. The deka was stronger, clamped more power, and metered higher. That 15ah stopped making clean, usable power for me around the 2k mark.

A teamate of mine went from 80ah JY plus 6 banks of caps, to 160ah of lith only. He lost 1 full db on the meter.

Adam Dukes told me at finals that when he went from a huge agm to lithium bank, he lost. He is now converting to a massive cap bank.

As a burp guy, id personally prefer 1 bank of caps per every 1-2k clamped. The downside of agm is space. I like about 50ah per 1k, for virtually no drop. So clamping 5k for example, thats 2-3 g31's already.

Caps and agm would be my preferred combo for a smaller setup. Caps and lith for larger. The caps should be wired in after the battery.

I dont know the chemistry reasons. I just know what loses and what doesnt, and i know what the loud people at finals were doing

Team Flex Issues

JVF Customz

REFS- Supergumby5000, Lastcall, 919motoring, hippishake, daboyfromdabx (great seller), beach22

Chris, go do some research on what the C rate is based on temp of LRO cells.

Sure it says to -40 whereas most lifepo4 is to -4 - 20..

But look at the C rate.. for car Audio, it's unusable c rate.

Now, these cells are encased in a sealed enclosure, therefore they don't stay cold so the temp difference is minute.

Cycle life, not tested at high c rate yet...

So for car Audio use, it's unknown.

Sure it may be better than others but everyone is using small ah lithium which means that higher cycle life isn't much different than large ah agm.

Only good benefit of lto for sure is 0% carbon.

Using 5s LTO, any large load tanks below 12v.

There are currently no LTO cells that rival the best lifepo4 in terms of discharge performance.

Recharge they do but not discharge.

Lto will evolve.. just not there yet.

Kr15, let me get on a computer to respond to you, lol.

Chris, go do some research on what the C rate is based on temp of LRO cells.

Sure it says to -40 whereas most lifepo4 is to -4 - 20..

But look at the C rate.. for car Audio, it's unusable c rate.

Now, these cells are encased in a sealed enclosure, therefore they don't stay cold so the temp difference is minute.

Cycle life, not tested at high c rate yet...

So for car Audio use, it's unknown.

Sure it may be better than others but everyone is using small ah lithium which means that higher cycle life isn't much different than large ah agm.

Only good benefit of lto for sure is 0% carbon.

Using 5s LTO, any large load tanks below 12v.

There are currently no LTO cells that rival the best lifepo4 in terms of discharge performance.

Recharge they do but not discharge.

Lto will evolve.. just not there yet.

Kr15, let me get on a computer to respond to you, lol.

Well it cost me 2,500 so I guess ill be the guinea pig.

4 Crossfire v4 18s

4 Crossfire 4k's

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.