Sign in to follow this  
4x4jeep

Confused and needing help...

Hi all,

I am very new to car audio for anything and I'm looking for some help with the audio setup in my 04 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo.

The only thing I know about my current setup is:

1: I have a Pioneer (deh-s5010bt) head.

2: I have the stock speakers.

3: The stock speaker setup includes; 2 tweeters in dash, 2 6"x10" speakers for front doors and 2 6.75" speakers for rear doors.

Here is what I'm looking for...

I don't want to go full idiot with my system, I just want to be really annoying (depending on who you ask). I chose the head I have, because I like the Pioneer brand and it had the features I wanted. Now I need some help choosing speakers and a sub-woofer for my vehicle.

What should I look for in speakers for best performance at full or even half volume? Also I have trouble with hearing multiple sounds, so I love bass. It feels good when I have my bass set to max and the treble set to minimum. I want more of that feeling. And what should I look for in a sub-woofer (to help with that low bass resonance)?

Any help for anyone at all would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks in advance

Budget?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

budget would def help also how much of your rear cargo area are you willing to give up space-wise.

2002 Honda Accord sedan V6 (automatic slushbox)

2 Rockford p3 12s (dual 2 ohm)

Pioneer AVH-2300NEX

2 PPI PC275's running 1 sub each atm, waiting to put the SQ 2200.1 back in and add the PhoenixGold Elite.4 once my electrical is up to snuff

Front stage:PRV Audio 6MB200 6.5 and Massive Audio CT2 tweeters

Rear speakers: stock

I just added 5 SoundQubed stickers, and despite having no equipment upgrades, it added 76 DB!!!

Hi all,

I am very new to car audio for anything and I'm looking for some help with the audio setup in my 04 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo.

The only thing I know about my current setup is:

1: I have a Pioneer (deh-s5010bt) head.

2: I have the stock speakers.

3: The stock speaker setup includes; 2 tweeters in dash, 2 6"x10" speakers for front doors and 2 6.75" speakers for rear doors.

Here is what I'm looking for...

I don't want to go full idiot with my system, I just want to be really annoying (depending on who you ask). I chose the head I have, because I like the Pioneer brand and it had the features I wanted. Now I need some help choosing speakers and a sub-woofer for my vehicle.

What should I look for in speakers for best performance at full or even half volume? Also I have trouble with hearing multiple sounds, so I love bass. It feels good when I have my bass set to max and the treble set to minimum. I want more of that feeling. And what should I look for in a sub-woofer (to help with that low bass resonance)?

Any help for anyone at all would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks in advance

Mount a couple of address horns on top of your roof.

97 4 dr. Tahoe

Interstate battery

Alpine 9835

Polk Audio MM6501 comps

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500D & 4.500 amps (New amps coming soon)

2 Sundown Audio X 15's Tuned @ 30Hz.

Knukonceptz/Royal Excelene wiring

Budget is 400

sounds like u just need amp and sub.. i hope your hu that u like has hp filter for mids if so set it at 80hz get sub (if not u need a new hu or get 4 channel amp just power front door speakers and sub with it, that'll eat up at least 1/2 of the $400) u can get speakers later if u think u need them after sub..

KENWOOD X301 HU, PRECISION POWER Phantom 1000, FU 750 12, 2.1cfad ported, soundqubed 6.5" coax/doors, hp & lp xover on hu, AGM starting batt...

Boomin_tahoe said:
2 ohms rule