Help with new system!

OCDankBank

Ok so I have had bad luck with my normal shop I have since gone to Al&eds because my original shop kept messing up. the ble my rear kapas due to gains being to high. the blew my focal k2s. after they replaced them I went to al &eds. Al &eds said I have good speakers but they sold me **** amp! my other shop said the ark audio ks300.4 was a bad *** amp bla bla bla so I saved for it and bought it. the guys at al&ed say to go with a diamond audio but I am tired of spending money just because they tell me something is good. they did make my system sound waaaay better then my original shop. the first shop broke me down I am about to give up on my perfect system I just want a great sounding system! highs so loud they make you blink lows so low they make it hard to breathe. I have focal es165 k in the front and some 6x9 kappas in the rear with a arc audio ks300.4. I am Planning on upgrading the kappas to something on the k2 level I just don't k ow what. I've already spent about 1500 I am willing to spend another 1500 or so. you know how it goes 1500 turns into 3k real quick lol any input is much appreciated!

any suggestions in amps? I want to bring out notes! I want to build a system I won't have to upgrade for a long long time. al&eds suggests a diamond hex 600.4 but idk if that is enough power or gonna give me the sound quality I want

I would first look into a dsp. The arc is a good amp. I would run the components active off of the arc. I would properly treat the doors. Run the rears off head unit power. Sub wise how much space are you willing to give up?

I am willing to give up my whole trunk. my trunk is taken up by a ported box with some don't xplods I have had since 2004. they still sound great but definetly tine for a upgrade. I feel and have been told my boy is great. but also been told if I got with a sub that pushes more wind I should change box. my first shop that I stopped going to suggests a 10 inch DD sub. they say it will hit harder and sound better then what I have. they said the box for 1 10 inch DD is bigger then the one I have now. but after all the simple mistakes they have made I don't want to listen to them. they couldn't do simple installs and tuning. they told me the best speaker placement in my car are the stock ones provided which I know isn't true. so they lost credibility with me.

Ok so I have had bad luck with my normal shop I have since gone to Al&eds because my original shop kept messing up. the ble my rear kapas due to gains being to high. the blew my focal k2s. after they replaced them I went to al &eds. Al &eds said I have good speakers but they sold me **** amp! my other shop said the ark audio ks300.4 was a bad *** amp bla bla bla so I saved for it and bought it. the guys at al&ed say to go with a diamond audio but I am tired of spending money just because they tell me something is good. they did make my system sound waaaay better then my original shop. the first shop broke me down I am about to give up on my perfect system I just want a great sounding system! highs so loud they make you blink lows so low they make it hard to breathe. I have focal es165 k in the front and some 6x9 kappas in the rear with a arc audio ks300.4. I am Planning on upgrading the kappas to something on the k2 level I just don't k ow what. I've already spent about 1500 I am willing to spend another 1500 or so. you know how it goes 1500 turns into 3k real quick lol any input is much appreciated!
any suggestions in amps? I want to bring out notes! I want to build a system I won't have to upgrade for a long long time. al&eds suggests a diamond hex 600.4 but idk if that is enough power or gonna give me the sound quality I want
no, overpriced, waste of money.

Stop going to those shops and do research/learn first. EWWW on al and eds. You dont take anything there yuck... If your first shop is worst than that then holy sh*t you have some garbage shops up there in corona.

None of them even suggested a DSP or running active? thats a sign of the shops being extremely limited on any kind of sound quality knowledge. Its not the speakers that make you sound good, its the install and tune.

Here's an example of a proper install and tune for pure SQ.

2018 Honda Accord - Simple Yet Effective - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

If you are ever down by the santa ana or lake forest area, we have some guys with properly done competition level setups that you can demo and actually hear what a proper system should sound and look like.

the shop I was going to was in Santa Ana I am willing to travel anywhere to get what I want! I am the one that suggested dsp testing the amps and tuning with frequency not fm radio and al &eds were the only ones I could find that does that. after I had A&e get their hand on it they made it sound 100 percent better but I want more. and a&e said the arc isn't letting my k2s shine to their full capacity

the shop I was going to was in Santa Ana I am willing to travel anywhere to get what I want! I am the one that suggested dsp testing the amps and tuning with frequency not fm radio and al &eds were the only ones I could find that does that. after I had A&e get their hand on it they made it sound 100 percent better but I want more. and a&e said the arc isn't letting my k2s shine to their full capacity
I dont think you know what a DSP aka digital sound processor is. What you are talking about is just setting the gains which is not what we are talking about. Any shop thats not a complete hack should be able to set gains properly. Basically baby sh*t.

A digital sound processor is something that gives you complete and utter control over your sound spectrum, crossover points, slopes, 31 bands of parametric EQ, flattened input signal, time correction and everything that makes sound quality "sound quality".

What you can do without spending any money right now is to bridge the arc audio amp to the K2s and put the rears on head unit power. Rears do nothing but destroy your soundstage.

Now for an actual increase in performance, Invest in a digital sound processor like an audison bit one or bit 10, or helix, hertz, alpine etc.... I'd grab a 4 channel that has 150-200 watts per channel, run active and ditch the passive crossovers in your focal k2s. Make sure they properly tune with an RTA with the EQ portion of the dsp after getting a perfect crossover point slope to match your vehicle acoustics for perfect mid and tweeter blend.

Nothing is even close to as necessary as a dsp when it comes to actual sound quality. You can have a guy with speakers and tweeters costing only 100 bucks total but properly installed and tuned on a DSP completely and utterly destroying your current setup right now. Thats literally where all the magic happens along with the door treatments and speaker positioning. Every other factor such as speaker brand, amp brand etc doesnt matter anywhere near as much as the install and tune which literally makes or breaks the setup.

This is apparent in sound quality competitions where you got guys with money but no knowledge coming in with 5000 dollar components on a line out convertor and some high dollar amps and their setup only placed 9th place vs the budget guy with proper knowledge that only has 900 dollars into his system.

I have been doing a lot of research in small amount of time. I am confusing dsp with distortion meter. and dsp is same as a sound processor? do you work at a shop in the oc area? if not , can you point me in the direction of a shop that won take advantage of my lack of knowledge and takes pride in their work? I have had much better sounding systems for less $ this is the first system I am actually down to spend a little money on. I just don't want to waste my money and time. and I want my car to be my happy place.

I have been doing a lot of research in small amount of time. I am confusing dsp with distortion meter. and dsp is same as a sound processor? do you work at a shop in the oc area? if not , can you point me in the direction of a shop that won take advantage of my lack of knowledge and takes pride in their work? I have had much better sounding systems for less $ this is the first system I am actually down to spend a little money on. I just don't want to waste my money and time. and I want my car to be my happy place.
reus systems in orange or beach auto sound in huntington beach. With reus, dont even bother bringing them any gear. They literally measure every part of your vehicle acoustics down to the seat fabrics and reflecting surfaces of your dash etc... Then they choose quality drivers that match well with your car acoustics. Extremely next level stuff.

Beach autosound is a sound quality oriented place that knows how to do RTA, DSP tuning, fiberglass and everything. Their goal is sound quality above all else. Not as elite as reus but very very solid as long as you outline to them that you want a sound quality install. Basically take your car to them and show them this whole thread 2018 Honda Accord - Simple Yet Effective - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum and tell them you want an active network install just like that and you'll be good.

thank you so much! I drive by reus almost everyday and never knew it was there! I am going to go by both of the shops and see what we can do. I will keep you posted in the outcome. much love!

reus systems in orange or beach auto sound in huntington beach. With reus, dont even bother bringing them any gear. They literally measure every part of your vehicle acoustics down to the seat fabrics and reflecting surfaces of your dash etc... Then they choose quality drivers that match well with your car acoustics. Extremely next level stuff.
Beach autosound is a sound quality oriented place that knows how to do RTA, DSP tuning, fiberglass and everything. Their goal is sound quality above all else. Not as elite as reus but very very solid as long as you outline to them that you want a sound quality install. Basically take your car to them and show them this whole thread 2018 Honda Accord - Simple Yet Effective - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum and tell them you want an active network install just like that and you'll be good.
^^^this.
Cheers.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.