Any dash cams that are made to be put in the grill?

Participant count
  • Participants list
It seems that a dashcam can go two ways - either protect you from theft or encourage theft and a broken window. Sure you alarm may go off but unless you are 50' from your car that probably won't be enough time for you to stop someone from breaking your glass and stealing your dash cam. I'm thinking it would be far less noticeable in the grill.

It seems that a dashcam can go two ways - either protect you from theft or encourage theft and a broken window. Sure you alarm may go off but unless you are 50' from your car that probably won't be enough time for you to stop someone from breaking your glass and stealing your dash cam. I'm thinking it would be far less noticeable in the grill.
I have one that’s built into the rear view mirror housing

I'd like that but I use the built in garage door opener on my Honda rear view mirror. I'm kind of surprised having that camera built into the mirror isn't an option with more new cars.

most thieves wont even see the dashcam in the dark tbh

but i suppose some would think mine is just a gps with the screen off

get a dash cam with a rear camera like a backup cam and wire it into the grill

You'd think by now someone would make a small camera you can attach to the back of your rear view mirror and the rest would wire to the brains somewhere else so it could be far more discreet. I can make pretty good movies with my cell phone and if I had just the camera portion of my cell phone separated from the brains and the battery it wouldn't be noticeable on the back of a mirror unless you got right up to it and went looking for it.

they have made some like that, a coworker had one. it was annoying as **** though because it would say "automatic recording has started" every time he turned the ******* key on. probably didnt record in looop

expect to pay $200-$300 for one with all the feature you want. well worth it, but it's not going to be under $100. Especially since you'll need a 128gb microSD card at minimum. I wish you could just put a 500gb SSD in some of these LOL

I've been moving all morning yet I still have time to reply //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif JK - no rush at all, I appreciate your help. I've found replacement mirrors but I don't want to replace my mirror.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not water proof for one/dash cams..Better off just buying individual spot cams and placing them where needed.Customize yourself for your needs

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

boe_d

boe_d
Los Angeles
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
boe_d