Should i add more batteries

getonerd1

Well i already have a red top (44ah) and a AGM battery (60ah) from advance auto and i have an 300 amp (125 idle) alt, Im just wondering should i get more batteries i was thinking about getting 4 kinetic 600hc or something else and maybe get another 6 or 8 channel amp

My amps just one of each

MB Quart NA540.6 (70a)

Skar Audio RP-2000.1D (200a)

Rockville RXM8BTW (80a)

i was messing around with ultimate car audio app it said 4108.50 and at idle 2257.88 watts maxes total

Last edited by a moderator:
replace redtop with agm sell it for $100 if not to old (be great if the agm u have will fit for start batt).. and try 1 or 2 more better batterys for rear..

That Redtop is junk. Sorry but a lot of us know that Optima isn't the same as they used to be...assembled/made in Mexico now.

Something isn't right....so your pulling about 350 amperes...where you coming up with 4k+? Are you running 2 Skar amps? I wouldn't trust some of the car audio apps out there. Jeff knows which are the legit ones.

Need more info...what's the vehicle? What brand of HO alt you have now? What issues/problems are you having? Is the big 3 done? A few extra batteries should be fine, but you have 2 already....perhaps one more wouldn't hurt but a total of 8 batteries, isn't needed.

You won't ever see 4000W out of all that if you were hit by lightning.

Are you having problems now? What are you trying to do here?

I suspect a 55AH secondary battery + upgraded alternator is adequate. I wouldn't throw away the battery under the hood if it still load tests good, but do keep an eye on it (have it load tested at least once a year).

Optima red tops are starting batteries, not deep cycles. They are made for quick bursts of power (starter) not to be discharged and recharged constantly like what an audio system does.
Well im going to swap out the red top with a Bosch Platinum Series AGM Battery 78 it was 156 with core at pep boys

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.