WTB Single Din Radio Max $85 Shipped

5.3bowtie
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Hi guys,

Looking for a cheap single din radio to install in my daily as my CDA 9833 seems to have taken a dump on the right side speaker channels. Max I am willing to spend is $85 INCLUDING SHIPPING. Let me know what you got!

I SHOULD MENTION I WOULD PREFER AN ALPINE RADIO OF THE SAME DESIGN AS MY 9833 SO THAT MY IPOD ADAPTERS AND SUCH WILL STILL PLUG IN......but I will entertain other brands if an Ipod adapter is not too expensive......

Thanks!

Thomas

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys,
Looking for a cheap single din radio to install in my daily as my CDA 9833 seems to have taken a dump on the right side speaker channels. Max I am willing to spend is $85 INCLUDING SHIPPING. Let me know what you got!

I SHOULD MENTION I WOULD PREFER AN ALPINE RADIO OF THE SAME DESIGN AS MY 9833 SO THAT MY IPOD ADAPTERS AND SUCH WILL STILL PLUG IN......but I will entertain other brands if an Ipod adapter is not too expensive......

Thanks!

Thomas
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/jvc-in-dash-digital-media-receiver-built-in-bluetooth-satellite-radio-ready-with-detachable-faceplate-black/5712376.p?skuId=5712376

Probably one of the best deals right now if you dont care about CDs. 13 band eq, 4 volt preout, 3 way network mode, 24 bit dac, time alignment etc... should be light years ahead of your alpine.

Dont worry about the JVC name its basically kenwood, its post kenwood acquisitioned JVC, the parts and internals are good. Soundwise it goes toe to toe with my 80 prs to a certain extent.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/jvc-in-dash-digital-media-receiver-built-in-bluetooth-satellite-radio-ready-with-detachable-faceplate-black/5712376.p?skuId=5712376
Probably one of the best deals right now if you dont care about CDs. 13 band eq, 4 volt preout, 3 way network mode, 24 bit dac, time alignment etc... should be light years ahead of your alpine.

Dont worry about the JVC name its basically kenwood, its post kenwood acquisitioned JVC, the parts and internals are good. Soundwise it goes toe to toe with my 80 prs to a certain extent.
lol you seem to know about all the good new stuff, $60 is a killer deal

Hi guys,

Thanks!

Thomas
I love my 9833 ..that’s what I’m running in my 89 Probe ..

Wow man, thanks for the heads up! Wonder why it is so cheap with all the functionality it has? Just because it doesn't have a CD player?!? I never use CDs anyway.....listen to radio 98% of the time and my wifes Iphone the other 2%.....

I love my 9833 ..that’s what I’m running in my 89 Probe ..
I have loved this radio ever since I got it but noticed in my truck the right channels cutting in and out a bit and the face plate will lose connection sometimes when you press a button effectively restarting the unit. I had hoped that it was something do do with the harness so I got a new on when I put it in my car and it worked for a day then the right rear is completely not working and the right front is working but only very very high frequencies. So I guess its time to move on......this thing has lasted me 12+ years......

Wow man, thanks for the heads up! Wonder why it is so cheap with all the functionality it has? Just because it doesn't have a CD player?!? I never use CDs anyway.....listen to radio 98% of the time and my wifes Iphone the other 2%.....

I have loved this radio ever since I got it but noticed in my truck the right channels cutting in and out a bit and the face plate will lose connection sometimes when you press a button effectively restarting the unit. I had hoped that it was something do do with the harness so I got a new on when I put it in my car and it worked for a day then the right rear is completely not working and the right front is working but only very very high frequencies. So I guess its time to move on......this thing has lasted me 12+ years......
I don’t know why Alpine quit using the ai outputs on their new stuff it sorta sux ..I have lots of Alpine AI accessories as well ...that would be nice to intergrate in ..

Sup, dude.

This head is badass but it looks to be missing the wiring harness. Totally worth it to track one down. Has crossovers, EQ and time alignment. Auxiliary input, touch screen. Comes with a new faceplate.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Clarion-DXZ945MP-HeadUnit/323100466637?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Wiring harness and other parts. --> Clarion DXZ945MP Parts and Accessories Library from Pacparts

x020DXZ945.jpeg

Sup, dude.
This head is badass but it looks to be missing the wiring harness. Totally worth it to track one down. Has crossovers, EQ and time alignment. Auxiliary input, touch screen. Comes with a new faceplate.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Clarion-DXZ945MP-HeadUnit/323100466637?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Wiring harness and other parts. --> Clarion DXZ945MP Parts and Accessories Library from Pacparts

x020DXZ945.jpeg
I almost bought this until I realized it doens't have bluetooth lol

I used to own the 9833. Funny thing is, I won it in an action from ebay long time ago and was ridiculously cheap...something like 50 bucks shipped to my house. Was used of course but everything worked great. Last year sold it for 150 bucks.....prob a mistake since it was a nice HU, I also own the 9835, but made a profit from it.

gFJ0wEN.jpg

I almost bought this until I realized it doens't have bluetooth lol
And its only a 3 band EQ, I literally see no redeeming qualitiies in this dinosaur unit lmao.

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-eD3KGYimwDF/p_020DXZ945/Clarion-ProAudio-DXZ945MP.html

go to the details section.

It was relevant when it was 2005, its 2018 now. Everything we have today sh*ts on what was good back then. Our lower tier head units are as advanced and maybe more than the most advanced units back then. Our top level units would be considered impossible witchcraft back then.

Its cheap because of the JVC name along with the newer model the 350bts that JUST came out a month ago and of course the lack of CDs but the increased bluetooth capability makes up for it. It literally smokes most head units costing 180 and under.

And its only a 3 band EQ, I literally see no redeeming qualitiies in this dinosaur unit lmao.
https://www.crutchfield.com/S-eD3KGYimwDF/p_020DXZ945/Clarion-ProAudio-DXZ945MP.html

go to the details section.

It was relevant when it was 2005, its 2018 now. Everything we have today sh*ts on what was good back then. Our lower tier head units are as advanced and maybe more than the most advanced units back then. Our top level units would be considered impossible witchcraft back then.
Crutchfield is notorious for dumbing down features for the sake of keeping things simple for their simple customers. They have left you misinformed and with the wrong impression. I didn't pitch the head as the 'most advanced and up to date' head that he could buy. But I did constructively suggest something that would be worth well more than $80 in performance, by today's or yesterday's standards. There's nothing shitting on this head for $80. Dated sure, but not irrelevant.
I've owned every top shelf Clarion head since the 7770 (a true dinosaur). I'm pretty familiar with all of them and I still have most in my possession, complete with optical cables and outboard processors. I wouldn't have suggested it if I weren't familiar with what it can actually do. The ones that use the optical cables sound better than the Pioneer 800PRS and 80PRS (not the 99, though). I'm a sound quality guy and I've done the comparisons. Using his brain and the features in his amps and this head, he will have a fully active setup with crossovers, time alignment, and 12 bands of parametric EQ (3 per set of outputs, 31 bands to choose from with +/- 12dB gain and 1 to 20 Q width), and many other features. He can even switch it to 5.1 mode if wants to use a center channel setup. Most of Clarion's top heads offered outboard DSP/EQ processors that were fed a signal by a fiber-optic cable because the DACs in the outboard unit were unmatched. Eventually, they were able to fit all that into just the head unit. This is one of those. Clarion was doing time alignment before most understood what it was and how to implement it. It just wasn't called time alignment, they called it virtual space enhancement. Call it a marketing mistake.

This hangs just fine with today's 'witchcraft'.

Crutchfield is notorious for dumbing down features for the sake of keeping things simple for their simple customers. They have left you misinformed and with the wrong impression. I didn't pitch the head as the 'most advanced and up to date' head that he could buy. But I did constructively suggest something that would be worth well more than $80 in performance, by today's or yesterday's standards. There's nothing shitting on this head for $80. Dated sure, but not irrelevant.
I've owned every top shelf Clarion head since the 7770 (a true dinosaur). I'm pretty familiar with all of them and I still have most in my possession, complete with optical cables and outboard processors. I wouldn't have suggested it if I weren't familiar with what it can actually do. The ones that use the optical cables sound better than the Pioneer 800PRS and 80PRS (not the 99, though). I'm a sound quality guy and I've done the comparisons. Using his brain and the features in his amps and this head, he will have a fully active setup with crossovers, time alignment, and 12 bands of parametric EQ (3 per set of outputs, 31 bands to choose from with +/- 12dB gain and 1 to 20 Q width), and many other features. He can even switch it to 5.1 mode if wants to use a center channel setup. Most of Clarion's top heads offered outboard DSP/EQ processors that were fed a signal by a fiber-optic cable because the DACs in the outboard unit were unmatched. Eventually, they were able to fit all that into just the head unit. This is one of those. Clarion was doing time alignment before most understood what it was and how to implement it. It just wasn't called time alignment, they called it virtual space enhancement. Call it a marketing mistake.

This hangs just fine with today's 'witchcraft'.
Thanks for the link and info man! I should have mentioned in the beginning....this is going into my Vibe with stock door speakers and a 12" sub for now so I would not be anywhere close to using all the capabilities of this Clarion unit. Unfortunately (or not), the system in my truck has been parted out and sold as it is becoming more and more a track toy and audio equipment adds weight. Maybe one day I will get around to messing with my Vibe a bit, would probably have better luck making it sound good than a regular cab truck anyway. But for now I am focused on getting some tunes with a little bass and calling it a day so I can focus on more go-fast goodies for the truck.

Guess I should update my sig....

Sup, dude.

x020DXZ945.jpeg

Thats very tempting looks **** and looks like it has everything my current JVC KD-R895BTS does minus bluetooth

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.