ChaseinBass

What is the equivalent of PRS80 in double din ?

i got 4.7V out of my sub level, yours could have been faulty. I dont need to use any of those features ever.

164 bt, single din.

Grab the kenwood or Jvc. You won't go back to pioneer.

i told wife guy on here pm'ed me wanting to buy my amp she said tell him it not fs (cause she knows i'll spend more $ on new one) and told her i wanted d2 sub for bday next week she said tell ya'll i'm to old to go down to 1ohm lol..

Get whatever double din you want and run it to a Minidsp 2x4 or C-dsp 6x8.

Get whatever double din you want and run it to a Minidsp 2x4 or C-dsp 6x8.

I second this. I'd get the jvc if I was on a budget. He has a rf DSP but I'd ditch it for a mini DSP or twk88

i told wife guy on here pm'ed me wanting to buy my amp she said tell him it not fs (cause she knows i'll spend more $ on new one) and told her i wanted d2 sub for bday next week she said tell ya'll i'm to old to go down to 1ohm lol..

Your buddy have the same tune? Doubt it

it literally brought life back into his setup even at flat was better than the kenwood tuned up. With a proper tune its miles ahead of the kenwood in every way possible. Literally sounded like lossless vs 96 kbps by comparison. the 373 models sound like complete @ss.

Grab the kenwood or Jvc. You won't go back to pioneer.

most likely jvc. FK kenwood until they get a brain and include network mode in their head units.

09 Sienna Subs : Four Team Ascendant 18s......Sub amp: Two Taramps 15k

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS......Mids/Highs two pioneer gm 8604 bridged, one at 4 ohms bridged one at 2 ohms bridged, one ppi 600.2 for tweets.

Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.

320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

it literally brought life back into his setup even at flat was better than the kenwood tuned up. With a proper tune its miles ahead of the kenwood in every way possible. Literally sounded like lossless vs 96 kbps by comparison. the 373 models sound like complete @ss.

most likely jvc. FK kenwood until they get a brain and include network mode in their head units.

Dude my 6904s is awesome. Twk88 I don't need network mode brotater. Gonna grab ether the new arc or zapco down the road. I'm limited to 24/48khz with the TWK but it's pretty outstanding with the little tuning I've done.

I think Soundstream, in their 2018 catalog, had some interesting new headunits but whether or not the sony/soundstream cheapo brands have stepped up or not is still yet to be seen besides that one sony headunit jeff made a thread about a while ago

edit: just looked, no dsp or active capabilities

I AM The Future of personal transportation, NOW!!
Pretty sure everyone on this site hates you (@JohnKuthe) more then me and that's very hard to accomplish.

I think Soundstream, in their 2018 catalog, had some interesting new headunits but whether or not the sony/soundstream cheapo brands have stepped up or not is still yet to be seen besides that one sony headunit jeff made a thread about a while ago

edit: just looked, no dsp or active capabilities

soundstream head units are still complete garbage in the audio department.

Dude my 6904s is awesome. Twk88 I don't need network mode brotater. Gonna grab ether the new arc or zapco down the road. I'm limited to 24/48khz with the TWK but it's pretty outstanding with the little tuning I've done.

Go compete then and see what kind of SQ score you get if you dont need network mode.

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS......Mids/Highs two pioneer gm 8604 bridged, one at 4 ohms bridged one at 2 ohms bridged, one ppi 600.2 for tweets.

Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.

320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

soundstream head units are still complete garbage in the audio department.

Go compete then and see what kind of SQ score you get if you dont need network mode.

I have an external processor with 6 presets.

I have an external processor with 6 presets.

Its still a network mode setup

Its still a network mode setup

I failed to see the issue. It's not like the jvc had more tuning power. I used the twk xover and eq as well as the TA and level matching. I could tweek the 13 band eq if I had to for overall sound. With the tweek I simply tuned to compensate for the cabins acoustics. I don't need network mode money.

[quote name='wew lad']I talked to @adulbrich earlier and he mentioned an Alpine deck that has full active capabilities, but I'm not sure that it was a double din?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the deck I have out in the garage is active capable.

My Silverado is under construction AGAIN http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/621466-alexs-silverado.html

Love is when she licks your butthole and try's to kiss you and u smack her but she doesn't get mad because she know that nasty and she in the wrong
Fuck me running. Even I wouldnt eat stripper snatch.
I would rather beat you to death with a garden rake then talk politics with you due to your overwhelming ignorance.
A three legged hooker walks into a bar. Yadda Yadda Yadda, I ended up sucking a dick.
When that hooker turns out to have a cock. That's bigger than yours.
If I had $2,000, I wouldn't be running kicker comps.

I was looking at the NEX models compared to the 80PRS, and they seem like they are the closest. They dont have the 5V pre-outs, is that really so bad? I also noticed the 80PRS has some fancy name for their crossover network, I want to save David Brown, but thats probably not right. I would imagine in the the 8 or so years since the 80PRS has been out Pioneer would have something far superior in a carplay (NEX) format. Ive been trying to decide on a new deck and asked the same question about in the headunit general forum. I currently have a Pioneer FH-P8000BT and its decent, but the firmware is no longer supported and my newer iphone wont connect, 7 band EQ, and only HPF/LPF crossover. The preouts are 4V on my current setup, and Ive been really wanting 5V. It seems Pioneer doesnt feel the need to have them in their flagship models, so why should I care about a measly volt between friends?

02' Ford Escape

Big 4 with 0 gauge welding cable with ground to alt case, block, chassis, and body.

Pioneer FH-P8000BT HU

Focal PS165 active with amp crossover in stock locations of front doors and sail panels

Alpine PDX-V9 under seat

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/626881-2002-ford-escape-professional-amateur-build.html

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/enclosure-design-construction-help/636900-twin-sundown-sa6-5-sw-d2-32hz-ported-0-6ft3-ford-escape-box-build.html#post8959443

Bought from: Rysandro Sold to: LuvSQ

P99rs. That’s it. And it’s a bit better.

No other deck out right now can do what the 80prs can do.

2014 Ford Fusion SE 2.0T

JBL MS-8

Zapco ST-4X SQ, ST-1000XMii

IDQ12v4 1.8cu sealed

Alpine SPX Pro ring radiators

Hertz HV165XL

Knuconceptz OFC, Custom fit Soundrive RCAs.

P99rs. That’s it. And it’s a bit better.

No other deck out right now can do what the 80prs can do.

Just checked prices for P99RS, lol.

02' Ford Escape

Big 4 with 0 gauge welding cable with ground to alt case, block, chassis, and body.

Pioneer FH-P8000BT HU

Focal PS165 active with amp crossover in stock locations of front doors and sail panels

Alpine PDX-V9 under seat

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/626881-2002-ford-escape-professional-amateur-build.html

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/enclosure-design-construction-help/636900-twin-sundown-sa6-5-sw-d2-32hz-ported-0-6ft3-ford-escape-box-build.html#post8959443

Bought from: Rysandro Sold to: LuvSQ

I have the Clarion CZ702 and love it. It has 5 v preouts, but the eq is only 5 bands. I run my system actively from it. That being said, I'd switch to the 80PRS given the opportunity.

I was looking at the NEX models compared to the 80PRS, and they seem like they are the closest. They dont have the 5V pre-outs, is that really so bad? I also noticed the 80PRS has some fancy name for their crossover network, I want to save David Brown, but thats probably not right. I would imagine in the the 8 or so years since the 80PRS has been out Pioneer would have something far superior in a carplay (NEX) format. Ive been trying to decide on a new deck and asked the same question about in the headunit general forum. I currently have a Pioneer FH-P8000BT and its decent, but the firmware is no longer supported and my newer iphone wont connect, 7 band EQ, and only HPF/LPF crossover. The preouts are 4V on my current setup, and Ive been really wanting 5V. It seems Pioneer doesnt feel the need to have them in their flagship models, so why should I care about a measly volt between friends?

You don’t need 5 volt pre outs, 4 volts is fine. What matters is the installation, routing of the RCA cables, and using decent quality cables from the HU to the amplifiers.

I had the Alpine 164 bt, single din HU and it’s an excellent sounding deck. I have the Pioneer 5800 BHS and Pioneer 1330 NIX and both sound excellent. I like the speed of the 1330 better but the overall functionality of the 5800 best.

2014 Sienna 2-way active SQ system. SB Acoustics SB29RDCN Tweeters. Focal PS165V mid woofers. Pioneer D9500F 75 watts RMS x 4. Pioneer BHS 5800 HU. AudioControl EQX. 10” Alpine SWS sub in custom ported box tuned to 35 hz on JBL GTX 500.

2014 F-150 XL WT 2-way active budget SQ system. Tang Band 25-302SH 1" tweeters. Dayton Audio ND140-4 mid woofers. Pioneer D8604. JBL Club 5501. JL Audio Twk 88 DSP & FIX 86. Sundown SD3 10” sub ported/ 33Hz 1 cube.

2014 CX5 3-way active SQ system. Pioneer 1330 NIX HU. Dayton AMT tweeters. Celestion AN2775 2-3/4 midrange. NVX XSP65 mid woofers. Pioneer PRS D4200F 75 WPC x 4. Infinity K1000. JL Audio Twk 88 DSP. Sundown SA 12” 2 cube/33Hz.

Vintage papermaker.

Whatever equipment he owns is by default the best.

Sold to

Bought from

NinjaBass

FasFocus00

"If I was so worried about resistance I'd be unplugging the factory wiring harness, and checking resistance on every wire in my vehicle."

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now