New sub or port current one?

Lovebass805

I have a mtx terminator I want it to be louder. Amp is generic boss amp rated at 1600 watts and I know it’s nowhere near that I read it’s actually rated at like 275 watts or something but for now it suites my needs

If I buy a ported box would it be louder and sound good or not because the drivers are not tuned made for a ported box?

Or can you recommend a wired dual 12” ported box sub combo that will blow my current sub out of the water with a width no greater than 36”

I know my current subs aren’t the greatest. I just want more bass.

I have a avalanche 18” sealed sub that I love but won’t fit in my car.

I don’t want to break the bank either 400 is limit but 200-300 is more what I’d like to spend on a new sub,no preference in brand

What I like about my current setup is it’s cheap and durable but I want it louder and with no distortion going louder

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sell the amp and the mtx subs and have a new box built for the avalanche and get a real amp for it. Sealed should not be a problem to build for the 18 and fit in a trunk.

I'd literally just sell everything and start all over once you have a healthy budget of 300ish. That boss doesnt make a watt past 160 bridged. Definitely a core issue that needs to be solved along with the box.

Sell all cheap, except the 18" sub...and use that $$ to start all over. Boss amps are complete garbage. Wish people would quit buying them....they do because they're cheap.

yep get rid of it get a jbl 500 for like $99 it would kill your current amp even a pioneer 3003 on that amp ported will amaze u compared to what u are used to..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.