New battery

"One cap."
One capacitor? IMO, you should run 0 caps, or 6 caps.. any other cap config isnt very useful.

I was looking at Optima and Interstate but not sure which is better.

Thank you,

Tony
I heard since Optima started manu in Mexico, there not as great. Go to a sams club, grab Duracell AGM

Interstate. Maybe not for car audio, but for reliability. I’ve had several, great and long lasting, put up with abuse. The optimas are hit and miss I’ve had two in a diesel with problems under a year old. Others have had similar experiences

What's wrong with your stock battery if its a 2017 it not that old, doesn't seem like your pulling a lot of power so why change it?

Battery dead when turn on the music with engine off in 5 mins. But no problem with engine running. The car was parked for a week and battery dead again.

Battery dead when turn on the music with engine off in 5 mins. But no problem with engine running. The car was parked for a week and battery dead again.
Keep in mind, when a battery is discharged, depending on the quality of the battery, it can effect whether or not it gives you problems down the road. Moral of the story, don’t let cheap, or any car batteries fully discharge. Bad for it

I would get Interstate instead of Optima. Optima isn't what they used to be years and years ago. They're now made/assembled in Mexico and don't use the same parts anymore, and use cheaper parts, thus has a shorter lifespan then before and the prices went way up. I just recently got an Interstate battery for my Tahoe...80 bucks from Costco. Might wanna check your Costco too. And they're cheaper than reg auto parts stores.

A concern you should be aware of is if the car sat for a week and wouldn't start, either a weak battery or something is draining it.....like a light left on or something.

A cap isn't needed. Reason being is because when someone upgrades the electrical wires, new battery and possibly new HO alt, that cap becomes worthless....won't do anything for ya. Don't forget the big 3 too.

I would get Interstate instead of Optima. Optima isn't what they used to be years and years ago. They're now made/assembled in Mexico and don't use the same parts anymore, and use cheaper parts, thus has a shorter lifespan then before and the prices went way up. I just recently got an Interstate battery for my Tahoe...80 bucks from Costco. Might wanna check your Costco too. And they're cheaper than reg auto parts stores.
A concern you should be aware of is if the car sat for a week and wouldn't start, either a weak battery or something is draining it.....like a light left on or something.

A cap isn't needed. Reason being is because when someone upgrades the electrical wires, new battery and possibly new HO alt, that cap becomes worthless....won't do anything for ya. Don't forget the big 3 too.
Thank you. What do you mean by "big 3"?

Hello,
I need new battery for Honda Accord 2017 sport. I have two zapco amps, one 12" sub, one DSP, and two set of Focal separate. One cap.

Please advise which better is best. I was looking at Optima and Interstate but not sure which is better.

Thank you,

Tony
You need to go with a second battery in the trunk for the system ..you can use a PAC 200 battery isolator so the main battery wont discharge while playing the system and charge up the new battery when car is running ...id get the original battery checked it shouldn’t discharge that easily..the age duracel at Sams is a good choice

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Tony1234

Tony1234
rancho cucamonga, ca
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Tony1234