Fiesta ST Build

weestopher

Hello everyone, Im looking to upgrade my system.

Currently:

Headunit: stock... (too integrated to change unfortunately)

Fronts: kicker components

Rear: kicker coaxials

LOC: audiocontrol lc6i

Amp: kicker cxa600.5

Sub: 10' kicker comp rt in a prefab box

I'm looking to get a fix 86 as well as either a sundown audio SA 10 or an SA 12 in a ported box @32hz? I listen to mainly hip hop/rap/EDM and then power that with the cab1600.1

This video shows something very close to what I want to get as far as the sub and box combo. There's a false door that you can raise up and I want to keep most of that. There is space to the right of the spare that would work as far as fitting a box there, it may just have to be a taller box if possible.

Now im wondering if I should go for a 10/12' sub. I'm not knowledgeable about airspace but I want something that will go low. Also is that CAB1600.1 too much for what im looking for or should I look for something with not as much power. I'll end up getting the twk 88 later unless you guys have suggestions on a good all in one DSP that works with stock premium sound systems. I've also had my eyes on the Morel Tempo Ultra 602 components.

To add: Should I just add the fix 86 and put my kicker sub in a ported box and see how I like it? I just dont want to waste money on something I may not like instead of just buying items that I know are reputable. Also not sure if i should automatically add the twk 88 right away

could you provide a little more insight on what i posted as well? there's a lot that i want to cover here
only other things i can add is sa 12 will need 1.75-2cf ad (so maybe 2.5cf total) box and the 1600 at 1 ohm will be fine just set gain low use volt meter and 50hz tone, set gain at say 800rms or so which at 1 ohm would be 28.2v on the meter.. the rest others will answer tomorrow

Now im wondering if I should go for a 10/12' sub.

How much space do you have for a box? Why are you so certain you need to tune at 33hz when you haven't even chosen a sub?

SA series woofers are 750W rated.... of course """everybody""" knows that Sundown can take 2-3X rated power all day erry day; you won't find one of those people that'll warranty your sub beyond that, but they'll all tell you to go ahead and run 2000W to it. IMO if you have to ask about power handling you should probably stick to what the manufacturer recommends.

I love my Fiesta ST, great choice on the vehicle. I'm more SQ oriented, but my build will be competing in MECA's Master Class for Dayton Audio, Audible Physics, and Zapco.

Hello everyone, Im looking to upgrade my system.
Currently:

Headunit: stock... (too integrated to change unfortunately)

Fronts: kicker components

Rear: kicker coaxials

LOC: audiocontrol lc6i

Amp: kicker cxa600.5

Sub: 10' kicker comp rt in a prefab box

I'm looking to get a fix 86 as well as either a sundown audio SA 10 or an SA 12 in a ported box @32hz? I listen to mainly hip hop/rap/EDM and then power that with the cab1600.1

you are instantly in my cool book..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.