Alpine type r 12

skyline111m

MI
Hello, i have searched high and low have yet to find the correct or answers i want, so leads to this.

I am starting off with a single type r 12 d4. Want it to be a single.

I have looked and researched the mrp 500, 650 and the 110 (1000rms).

I like it loud deep and crisp very picky how it sounds. (understand high watts don't mean loud)

Looking for a recommendation for box dimensions with the recommended amp i have stated, something loud, deep and tuned low.

Thank you.

Hello, i have searched high and low have yet to find the correct or answers i want, so leads to this.

I like it loud deep and crisp very picky how it sounds. (understand high watts don't mean loud)

Looking for a recommendation for box dimensions with the recommended amp i have stated, something loud, deep and tuned low.

Thank you.
if u haven't got the sub yet wait.. u can get better for about same $ or tad more.. if u want ported box u need to pick good sub then amp and get box designed for it and the power u have, then build or get it built..

if u haven't got the sub yet wait.. u can get better for about same $ or tad more.. if u want ported box u need to pick good sub then amp and get box designed for it and the power u have, then build or get it built..
sub is in hand.

sub is in hand.
oh well u could gotta sundown or fu like mine if u paid full new price for that.. so how much $ u wanta spend on amp? and since u did same as me and got a d4 sub (we both shoulda got d2) if u aren't going to get a 2nd sub u need as much power to the 1 as u can get but u have to get amp thats does power as 2 ohm (really need to look at 4 ohm power after "box rise") u can get the infinity k1000 for around $249 it just tested around 1300rms @2 ohm (don't worry about over powering sub won't get that much power, just set gain correctly) that is one of the best amp for the $/power u need at 2 ohm... if u wanta spend less i'll look around.. heres dyno

oh well u could gotta sundown or fu like mine if u paid full new price for that.. so how much $ u wanta spend on amp? and since u did same as me and got a d4 sub (we both shoulda got d2) if u aren't going to get a 2nd sub u need as much power to the 1 as u can get but u have to get amp thats does power as 2 ohm (really need to look at 4 ohm power after "box rise") u can get the infinity k1000 for around $249 it just tested around 1300rms @2 ohm (don't worry about over powering sub won't get that much power, just set gain correctly) that is one of the best amp for the $/power u need at 2 ohm... if u wanta spend less i'll look around.. heres dyno

I snagged it up for 80 brand new the gray model, not black. I have a dd3000.1 that powered my old Pb 15 xxxl which I was going to use but I was going to try to match the sub the best I could. I'm not trying to break the bank. But I want a decent system that will last even if I give it power especially for hours on end. I'd sacrifice my wallet on decent audio but I wanna work with what I have. Really just need a decent box.

Personally I'd go 2.25-2.5ft3 net tuned to 31-32hz on the 1k amp you listed. It might not be as "crisp" as you'd like but it should get fairly loud and low.

I snagged it up for 80 brand new the gray model, not black. I have a dd3000.1 that powered my old Pb 15 xxxl which I was going to use but I was going to try to match the sub the best I could. I'm not trying to break the bank. But I want a decent system that will last even if I give it power especially for hours on end. I'd sacrifice my wallet on decent audio but I wanna work with what I have. Really just need a decent box.
ok i won't hate ya for a $80 deal, i just hate it when peeps spend about $200 for some of the mainstream subs..

i u can make box great or know someone that can if not this guy is about only prefab i've seen that are good (like mine i just got it with no carpet in avatar) just message him on ebay and tell him u want 30hz tune (if u want 32 cause he won't subtract sub disp) and if going off this box tell him u want it 1" deeper or wider or whatever will fit your car, to keep box air space tad over 2 cf after longer port and sub disp. mine's pretty nice but not cheap with shipping https://www.ebay.com/itm/STAGE-2-PORTED-SUBWOOFER-MDF-ENCLOSURE-FOR-AMERICAN-BASS-XR12-SUB-BOX/263177242969?hash=item3d46960959:g:keEAAOSwWflZ6V5G&vxp=mtr

i u can make box great or know someone that can if not this guy is about only prefab i've seen that are good (like mine i just got it with no carpet in avatar) just message him on ebay and tell him u want 30hz tune (if u want 32 cause he won't subtract sub disp) and if going off this box tell him u want it 1" deeper or wider or whatever will fit your car, to keep box air space tad over 2 cf after longer port and sub disp. mine's pretty nice but not cheap with shipping https://www.ebay.com/itm/STAGE-2-PORTED-SUBWOOFER-MDF-ENCLOSURE-FOR-AMERICAN-BASS-XR12-SUB-BOX/263177242969?hash=item3d46960959:g:keEAAOSwWflZ6V5G&vxp=mtr
Just add an inch or whatever... jeez gramps... lol... thats good info and advice there... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif You never stop do you?

Thank you.
we need to define your definition of deep. The literal definition of deep is playing below 30hz which is in the realms of rebassed music and few select rap songs. If you are just listening to hip hop, dubstep, edm, top 40, rock, metal, jazz, blues, etc... none of that goes deep at all.

Because you do not tune really low when you listen to sh*t that doesn't even reach the notes you are geared for.

we need to define your definition of deep. The literal definition of deep is playing below 30hz which is in the realms of rebassed music and few select rap songs. If you are just listening to hip hop, dubstep, edm, top 40, rock, metal, jazz, blues, etc... none of that goes deep at all.
Because you do not tune really low when you listen to sh*t that doesn't even reach the notes you are geared for.
Alright let me rephrase that, I want it to hit lows may not be able to get deep, but like shredder has stated 31 32 hz I was looking at 30hz to begin with but I want over all performance on all genres. If that gives an idea. Honestly I'd rather be in a 15 instead of a 12. The 15 I had hit different note that I liked, only being a 2.7cf box and tuned at 36hz that sub was crazy loud could be heard over a mile. And it was under preformed.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...