Opinions for a budget $ price but under rated 6x9 component set

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have a 97 tbird show car id like to upgrade the 6x9s keeping it a 6x9 setup as I normally would go 6.5s as I do in my trucks but I'm keeping modifications simple .

Looking for a underrated good 6x9 3 way or active crossover setup on a budget $ 100-200$ that can put out good sq.

I will be powering them with a tn900.4 just like I have In My Colorado truck.

Amazon has some good prices on some entry level Hertz 6 x 9's for about $140. I think that those would give you much higher-than-price quality sound. BTW, I used to have a 94 Thunderbird. I miss that car. That car was incredible for sound. It was setup with an Alpine HU, Xtant amps (painted to match the color of the car), 3 JL 10's, and (it was a while ago now) I think alpine speakers inside. LOVED it!

Yeah, if you want cheap you can't stick with 6x9. I'd recommend the Image Dynamics 6x9 or Audio Frog 6x9 but both would put you over budget.

So I ordered the adapters I don't really feel like active crossover set of 6.5s

What would be a good option now for a couple hundred $ 2 or 3 way set with tweets built in or crossovers built in

So I ordered the adapters I don't really feel like active crossover set of 6.5sWhat would be a good option now for a couple hundred $ 2 or 3 way set with tweets built in or crossovers built in
That amp has a decent crossover set built into it. I'd just buy some raw drivers.

Something like two of these mids...

https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/sb-acoustics-woofers-6-7/sb-acoustics-sb17nrxc35-4-6.5-woofer/

and these tweets...

https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/ring-radiator-tweeters/sb-acoustics-sb29rdcn-c000-4-neo-magnet-ring-dome-tweeter/

These tweets are recommended often here...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Massive-Audio-CT-2II-180-Watts-1-1-8-CT-Series-German-Silk-Dome-Tweeters/201599008204?hash=item2ef03cbdcc:g:i0kAAOSwvg9XViEt:sc:USPSPriority!85365!US!-1&vxp=mtr

use them amp to cross them over at 2000hz give or take and you'll be better off than buying a cheap passive set IMHO.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.