Zv5 reverse mount

Participant count
  • Participants list
Sup guys I just got 2 Zv5 12’s for my next project and I was thinking that it would be such a shame to hide these beautiful motors in a box. Has anyone ever ran zv4 or Zv5’s reverse mount before? I’m just kind of worried that I’m going to hear a lot of motor noise or I mean air moving through the cooling on them. They’re going in my explorer so I don’t have a trunk to muffle any noises.

Thanks!

That would look cool too. I’m not really sure where to get thick plexiglass around here tho. Menards maybe? I just kind of like how ridiculous these would look motor up lol

Another thing too is I’ve seen people wear through they’re surround doing it reverse from being to close to the cutout:crap: . So maybe I’d bevel the edges a tiny bit on the cutout

What’s the purpose of that? So the surround can’t rub?
Pretty sure he means as your assembling the box/enclosure, mount the sub inside but motor sticking out. That's the only way of what/how what he's talking about.

Pretty sure he means as your assembling the box/enclosure, mount the sub inside but motor sticking out. That's the only way of what/how what he's talking about.
Yeah, I could probly get the box together and save the sub baffle for last. Could use a foam gasket and screws so I can remove it

Yeah, I could probly get the box together and save the sub baffle for last. Could use a foam gasket and screws so I can remove it
You do that and it's gonna fall inside. I myself would rather do the see thru option. Reason being is because they're going inside a trunk, which is limited on space. That motor/basket is screaming bump me or scrape me on something inside the trunk as your putting it in.

My nards only sells thin plexi. Hit up US Plastics, Acme PLastics or maybe McMaster Carr. It ain't cheap either.
Yea I know it’s not cheap lol. I’m not really limited on space so I think I’d be ok motor up. I was gonna use some 1/4” stainless socket head bolts with nuts and threadlocker to hold them in. Should look halfway classy lol

What I did for my Zv1's was build the box with cutouts to go over the basket then build a second baffle with the sub mounted in it and put it on top of the box baffle

You should have double or triple baffle anyway with those big woofers

What I did for my Zv1's was build the box with cutouts to go over the basket then build a second baffle with the sub mounted in it and put it on top of the box baffleYou should have double or triple baffle anyway with those big woofers
If I’m reading that right that’s what I was thinking too. Oversized cutouts on the box itself and then make a “plate” with the actual size cutouts on that I would mount to the subs then flip onto the box. Then I could always flip it over if I want them in a normal mount too:p:

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.