Sign in to follow this  
Eliveldman1

Boss 4K

https://www.amazon.com/BOSS-Audio-AR4000D-Monoblock-Amplifier/dp/B004RS9UTI

I know this **** that this brand gets but what about this amp

Yes it it boss I understand but I dont really need a competition level amp

I have 2 Skar Audio ix-12 subwoofers with a rp350 1d

I’m just not sure that the Skar amp will provide enough power for my subs

If there you have any suggestions on this amp or what amps to get please comment

I’m just starting out so as a 16 year old I don’t have to much money to throw into it but 180 would be my max price

Don't think the boss is the amp you want.

A member here does test on amps and he might have done this one I think. (Didn't do so hot)

Check out Ryan Blankenship I think is his name.

He also sales amps he test.

Also scar makes an rp1500 that last I looked does rated power and is below $180

Jump up to 200-230 range and you have 2k scar, audio pipe, cab 1600, ppi black ice 7k and other amps that do power for cheap.

Some are power hungry tho.

Think soundqubed just came out with a budget line of amp that are priced pretty low also.

I'm sure others will chime in.

So just don't jump on the boss bandwagon right off the bat, look around at other amps 1st.

You could also look at the Soundqubed S1-1250 that's around 179. And the Audiopipe APCL-1800 is also around 180. Skar is not bad and you can do that... Heck I have a Skar RP2000.1d that I need to film for a Dyno vid I'm doing and you can have that for 180...

I didn't do the Armor 4k.. BigDWiz did that one.. I did the Phantom 5000 which did ok wattage wise for the money, but it was built like poop.

Sorry I got your name wrong.

I do watch your vids on YouTube and think you do a great job.

If you can't afford a decent amp now, you definitely can't afford to buy a POS that will perform poorly and fail prematurely. Pay now or pay later. Buy a reputable brand in a size you can afford and you can rest easy knowing it will still be functioning and worth something when/if you want to upgrade down the line.

Think about it this way, if they are going to lie to you that their 500W amp will do 4000W what do you suppose that company thinks of you, it's customer? Do you think they care about giving you a good product? Would you expect decent customer service? Please do NOT support any brand that lies about their products.

If there you have any suggestions on this amp or what amps to get please comment

I’m just starting out so as a 16 year old I don’t have to much money to throw into it but 180 would be my max price

what vc are the subs? if d4 wire each to 2 ohm for 1 ohm load u can get the skar 800.1 for like $139.... if d2 wire each to 4 ohm for a 2 ohm load u can get jbl500 for like $109 blank tested it at over 850rms @2 ohm

Nothing but a distortion maker BOSS stands for Box Of Sorry $hit ..get a SKAR Audio 1500d ..I’ve seen them on eBay in your price range

I just looked up your Subs... They are 250W Rms, and since you have a pair of dual 2 ohm sub, I would wire in a series and get a 2 ohm stable amp. I think the JBL GTX500 would likely be perfect for you as Gramps mentioned. You can get one on Crutchfield for $99 Shipped.

If you want to spend a little less I have a brand new MTX RT500D here as well for $80.

Dual 2

yep wire to each to 4 ohm so u will have 2ohm final load.. that jbl amp $99 or so will murder than boss amp but u can get the skar 800.1 $139 it does about 600rms @ 2 ohm., over 800 at 1 ohm so if u ever get other subs (or 1 big one) u will have more power for them or it.. https://www.skaraudio.com/products/rp-800-1d

Does wiring it to 4 ohms make the base deeper or what does it do because I’m not really sure what the ohms watts and amps mean or do?

Does wiring it to 4 ohms make the base deeper or what does it do because I’m not really sure what the ohms watts and amps mean or do?

The ohm load has nothing to do with sound. You should probably look up on google what Speaker Impedance means, what Watts are, what RMS means, Function of a Audio amplifier etc... It will take way too long for us to type, and that info is readily available via Google search.

Also look on CL for some amp deals. I'm surprised no one mentioned this idea. Or even Offerup. I sold a 300 watt amp Phoenix Gold for 50 bucks not long ago.

Im pretty sure if you mount the amp higher than the subs itll be louder. The electricity loses energy if it has to go uphill to get to the speaker.

The ohm load has nothing to do with sound. You should probably look up on google what Speaker Impedance means, what Watts are, what RMS means, Function of a Audio amplifier etc... It will take way too long for us to type, and that info is readily available via Google search.

Im pretty sure if you mount the amp higher than the subs itll be louder. The electricity loses energy if it has to go uphill to get to the speaker.

8D3oGj6.jpg

I been doin it wrong all along...:graduate: