New Box Build. Trying to squeeze (4) 12" in my 300

Participant count
  • Participant list

znewberry

Illinois
I like to push the limits. Im absolutley satisfied with my (2) 12" setup (pic below). I want to keep the same style box **maybe with aero port this time** (port in, fire in with 2 subs) and add 2 more 12" to the enclosure firing either up into trunk lid or out into trunk. Is this possible? rough sketch below to demonstrate.

One or the other orange or blue.

stays same, maybe do areo port instead

what subs are those? u won't have enough air space for 4 12's, maybe not in trunk diff not in same box unless it's 4cf per sub now..
straight from the owner: 1.75-2.0 per is pretty ideal on size.. as little as 1.5 and as much as 2.25 is acceptable with recommended power. Anything significantly over power closer to 1.75 per

they are rival 12"

1.75 x 4 is 7 cubes... I feel a challenge!
thats right i remember now.. box looks good.. i just meant won't fit in same box.. if u can do a 7 cf ad box i guess u can make it work but someone will tell u it's not good to have subs facing different directions.. u be better off play them few months and get some 2 15's, maybe same size box but at least subs facing same way..

thats right i remember now.. box looks good.. i just meant won't fit in same box.. if u can do a 7 cf ad box i guess u can make it work but someone will tell u it's not good to have subs facing different directions.. u be better off play them few months and get some 2 15's, maybe same size box but at least subs facing same way..
I really would like two 15s . have u ever seen two of em in a 300 ported and firing in without a wall?! I hated how the car sounds with subs firing to rear, trunk neeeds a **** ton of sound dampening.

outer dimension for height is like 15" tight firing in

I can fit 3 12's firing in all same direction , port size will be iffy

these arent flexin but look at his box

I really would like two 15s . have u ever seen two of em in a 300 ported and firing in without a wall?! I hated how the car sounds with subs firing to rear, trunk neeeds a **** ton of sound dampening.
outer dimension for height is like 15" tight firing in

I can fit 3 12's firing in all same direction , port size will be iffy

these arent flexin but look at his box

lol thats the subs i had last, had orion hp's for 8 yrs or so.. guy bought my whole system and i got to shopping and my audio addiction kicked back in.. one those subs gotta tell ya those would be louder firing rear or maybe that trunk ain't sealed good, my single pioneer 12 moved my mirror much more than his was.. my 04 grandprix rattles like h man i only have 1 sheet of mat and some crap i'll have to rip out , i gotta get some gp stfu 250 mil, i have 1 sheet if i have 3 back there it would help, u should order the 5 sheets $100 see how subs sound rear u may gain 3db firing rear and not need more subs, i think i have 15.75 or so in height in trunk it would be hard to get them in and out but if u find a 15 thats say 15.5" high and u can fit that just screw sub to to and bottom board make box exact height of sub.. at least try the mat though..

Not sure this would work but just a thought if you have the cu ft needed for the speakers and you could make it fit. Maybe think of sealed enclosure unless you could port through the rear deck. Just an idea I was thinking of to get all the woofers to fire in same directions. Picture attached of an example of what I mean by "W" style box I'm referring to.

Ericbox06.jpg

dude has 2 12's in nicer box than mine how am i "showing off" with $80 SUB AT 2 OHMS?
Inserting your uploaded vid of your single 12 on this guys thread isn't showing off??? Then tell me what you call it..............going back to your old self I see...

Inserting your uploaded vid of your single 12 on this guys thread isn't showing off??? Then tell me what you call it..............going back to your old self I see...
i call it showing him we all have rattles which is what we were talking about

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.