Hi, I am wanting to test some stuff before I install/sell and I would like to do so in the house. I understand that hooking up a car battery charger isn't the best idea because a charging battery will emit hydrogen gas. However, due to the fact that I'm not trying to consistently run a system for long periods of time (maybe one song at a time), can I charge a car battery outside and then bring it in... Then proceed to run the system off of a car battery? Is this safe? Are there better ways to do this without absolutely breaking the bank? I've heard of Xbox and pc power supplies but it doesn't seem they're strong enough and I don't want to spend too much time if I'm only testing inside. Please let me know. Thank you.

dont use lead acid. Use agm sealed batteries for at home test benches. You can use pc power supplies for weak amps but anything over 500 watts, you wont get anywhere close to what the amp can actually do.

09 Sienna Subs : Four Team Ascendant 18s......Sub amp: Two Taramps 15k

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS......Mids/Highs two pioneer gm 8604 bridged, one at 4 ohms bridged one at 2 ohms bridged, one ppi 600.2 for tweets.

Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.

320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now