Box design help 4 DD 9510g’s

Ispector
10+ year member

I’m looking for box design help for my sons first build. We have 4 of my old DD 9510g’s we reconed with DD dual 4ohm recones. He just bought a pair of Orion xtr 2500.1’s, so 1ohm per amp. For the $ I’m curious how these amps perform. We decided on the 2500’s after watching BigD’s video.The max outside box dimensions are 32x32x16. This is going in my sons Accord Crosstour. Right now we are installing deadener and running all the wiring. I think Oldbass40’s box design would work good. I’m just looking for other ideas or suggestions. We are going to send my old xp270 back to DC to get recased and I have a couple xs3100’s for him and might have found a couple more. Anyways, any ideas or info would be much appreciated.

[quote name='Boomin_tahoe']That's roughly just under 9.5 gross cu ft. What do those require for airspace ported? @shredder2[/QUOTE]

No idea honestly... probably around 1.25-1.5ft3 net... IDK I could check as easily as anyone... lol... I'm sure it's on their site

Sorry... it's not one I've had to look at before

Something like this?

NzQShzr.jpg

It's a hatch or trunk?.. im curious, like oldbasses box? Side facing subs with single rear facing aero?.. that box?.. 10" aero sounds about right... gonna tune it to what?.. his preference is sql fine, but a low daily tune or mid 30's daily?

That 7.5 net box looks ok to me on 5K.

Problem with that box is you end up loading the drivers closest to the port is better than both Faye and acoustic Lee to put the port in the middle of with two subs on each of solid or put the subs in the Middle with a port on each side.

His max dimensions are 32x32x16. So that design won't work any ways. Gonna have to be a up fire. 2 subs wide, 2 subs deep setup.

Also shouldn't those subs be getting a 2.5k each? Instead of paired.

I use to run my four DD 3510s in 6 cu ft plus port ..my daily box did between 154-156 daily in my wrangler and played with authority around 30hz the 9510s should do about the same in theright box
I never liked how they sound in small boxes I've heard of 9510 and 1.75 and that b**** slammed on lows in 1.5 and it was way to over damped but I'd be silly to argue with you.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.