Voltage Meter Hook Up ?

Participant count
  • Participant list

LetMyBeatPound

CarAudio.com Exclusive
Just finished installing my HO alternator from Excessive Amperage. And I couldn't be happier, my system is louder, the bass is cleaner, my amp isn't getting as hot, and my subs look like they are actually moving now. I would like to add a voltage Meter now tho so I could keep track of where my voltage is... I'm gonna try and blow my subs up over the next few days cuz I have both cone kits I needed and the Head unit JeffDaChef recommended should be here today. So I'll be doing good

hook the voltage meter's pos and neg straight up to your amp's negative and positive.
That's a good idea, that way it's reading the voltage I wanna know about no? Thanks Jeff, you've been such a big help to me brotha, you have no idea... Everyone that hears my system is super impressed and I couldn't of done it without y'all's help. And I'm not even done I still got the front stage and the 4x 18 C-pillar build to do but it's coming out nice

yeah you dont really need to see your battery voltage, you need to see the voltage the amp sees so you'll figure out any possible ground issues that might occur if your battery voltage(measure with a multi-meter) and amp voltage(volt meter) are way different.

U shouldn’t try and blow your subs. If a coil goes it could take out the amp. Seen it done before.
Not enough power to kill em. On a positive note tho, before I could stink up my speakers easily at 70-80% volume. Now I have it at 90-95% volume and haven't been able to stink them up yet. And since I added the voltage meter, at full tilt my voltage drops a lil under 14v when before my Max voltage was 13.4v with dips down to 10s and even got amp to go into protect cuz it dropped under 10v's and when this would happen my amp would get very hot fast... Now I can jam at 80-85% volume for 30-40 mins and amp only gets warm...

That HO alt really really helped boost and stablize my system

Are there any forum post or web sites that have information on eliminating rattles, vibration noise from everything. My rear quarter n mid windows rattle n bang so hard I think they may break sometimes and my roof n side panels move like my van is breathing and I don't even wanna get into the rear hatch noise... I'm thinking expanding foam, silacone, a lil bit of real sound deadener for the roof and hatch, and then a bunch of the cheap ductwork wrapping for the floor.

Sound like a decent direction for sound deadening?

To eliminate the rattles in my old SUV windows I used some basic weather stripping on the seals.

All the way around the windows and the rear window hatch.

Worked great for me because I never opened those windows anyways.

For deadening, just don’t skimp on it.

All my panels are deadened and I reinforced all the clips. Took a while but completely worth it. I have zero rattles inside the cabin.

Spray foam is messy, I wish I didn’t have to use it but it does work.

hook the voltage meter's pos and neg straight up to your amp's negative and positive.
Well I got that deck the KD-340BTS and I am not disappointed, I thought the HO alt and this HU would make a difference, but I'm totally blown away. It's a completely different system. That HU I had I there before must have been compete junk. It's funny that one guy said that adding that alternator and deck wouldn't help any... He was wrong big time... With proper power and signal, my system is producing great quality music now. The bass is Fuller now with the deck and you can distinguish between different notes now instead of them just bleeding together. Thanks again JeffDaChef, you are the man!

yeah dude just wait till you do an active network setup with your mids and highs with that head unit. Your vocals will be beyond heavenly.
&&&

Ffff

Gg

Oh yeah I can't wait. I got that Fosgate DSR-1 too, it just sitting in the closet. All I need is to order the 3 sets of speakers (tweets, midranges, midbasses), an amp, and a bit more wire. I'm gonna go with the PRV neo's for the mid range n bass. IDK which tweeters, I like the Crescendo FT1 super tweets tho. Would like to use a single amp to power them, but I think I'll just end up using two 1ks or a 1k and 500w.

&&&Ffff

Gg

Oh yeah I can't wait. I got that Fosgate DSR-1 too, it just sitting in the closet. All I need is to order the 3 sets of speakers (tweets, midranges, midbasses), an amp, and a bit more wire. I'm gonna go with the PRV neo's for the mid range n bass. IDK which tweeters, I like the Crescendo FT1 super tweets tho. Would like to use a single amp to power them, but I think I'll just end up using two 1ks or a 1k and 500w.
doesnt work that way, you need a dedicated pair of channels for each mid, midbass and tweeter. Most likely you'll need to run two 4 channels at the minimum. A single big amp for all mid, midbass and tweeter is a horrible idea.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.