Need suggestions for 8" ported sub on 375 rms

Participant count
  • Participant list

kmu
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Guys, what 8" sub do you guys suggest for running at 375 rms daily driving on a ported box no larger than 1.2 cf3 gross, would like to port it around 32 hz to get the best low end possible.

Would a SA8v3 work on 375 rms on a large ported box (1.2 f3 gross) to compensate for the lower wattage?

Im looking Into the best SQL possible with the best output in the low end frequency.

Sundown e8v5 would be happy on that power and still sound good. No need to spend extra coin on the sa when the e8v5 is right on par with the early model sa8s

My other option would be to start with the smaller amp and upgrade to a larger amp somewhere down the road, I would need to find a 2,000 rms amp at 1ohm that would not require major electrical upgrades on my Grand Cherokee.

I got a NVX 1200 amp which does 1,200 rms at 1 ohm, Sonic Electronix certified it at 1,384 watts, don't know exactly how much it will do in my car, but estimating it will be around 1,125 rms at 1.3 ohms if I do 3 SA8v3s.

I could start with this amp and then upgrade if I felt necessary.

My other option would be to start with the smaller amp and upgrade to a larger amp somewhere down the road, I would need to find a 2,000 rms amp at 1ohm that would not require major electrical upgrades on my Grand Cherokee.
I got a NVX 1200 amp which does 1,200 rms at 1 ohm, Sonic Electronix certified it at 1,384 watts, don't know exactly how much it will do in my car, but estimating it will be around 1,125 rms at 1.3 ohms if I do 3 SA8v3s.

I could start with this amp and then upgrade if I felt necessary.
When you say major electrical upgrades, you mean like adding batteries/HOI alt? If your planning to run more watts later, I would advise to at least do the big 3 1st before adding audio. And depending upon your vehicle, some of the bigger suv's have higher amperage alts....so you might be ok with that. But def an AGM battery up front tho, unless you have a good battery already.

When you say major electrical upgrades, you mean like adding batteries/HOI alt? If your planning to run more watts later, I would advise to at least do the big 3 1st before adding audio. And depending upon your vehicle, some of the bigger suv's have higher amperage alts....so you might be ok with that. But def an AGM battery up front tho, unless you have a good battery already.
Yes from major electrical upgrades I meant a larger alt (don't want to mess around with the warranty) my stock alt is 220 amps, I would do the big 3 and an AGM battery also.

---------- Post added at 04:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

My biased vote is for our SSA F8L as soon as it gets back in stock.
Thanks for the suggestion, won't I be under powering them with only 375 watts rms each?

During prototyping, I threw between 240 watts up to 1200 watts on the F8L. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.