2014 Ford Taurus SHO stereo upgrades

Participant count
  • Participant list

evilmonstertruk
Premium Member

Premium Member
Maryland
Hey how. Anyone have this generation of Taurus that has done stereo upgrades? Just bought one. It has the Sony system with nav and it's the worst. I have done alot of research but anyone have any personal experience with these?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

What is your goal? Are you OK with keeping the factory head unit and just adding amplifiers and speakers? Do you want better sound or different functionality?
Oh a new headunit would be awesome. Is that even a option?
I think I'm going to do maestro and the dsr1. It seems to be the best of both worlds. I don't have a dsp so it kinda makes sense. I looked at Forscan but idk if I want to mess with that. The PAC device is another option too.

What is your goal? Are you OK with keeping the factory head unit and just adding amplifiers and speakers? Do you want better sound or different functionality?
I think I'm going for the maestro and dsr1.
Do you see something I don't about replacing the radio and keeping some factory controls? It looks kinda impossible

Bought the DSR1 and the Ford T harness . It will get here Wednesday. Can't wait. This is the worst stock stereo I ever heard. And this is he upgraded one.

You will love it. My car is the fully loaded with the Sony system and it was terrible.
Thanks.
What model do you have? The doors on my Taurus look pretty deep but I get conflicting reports.

Installed 0 guage to the back, DSR1, my Audiocontrol six channel and a two channel temporarily to power a JL 13w6v2. No door speaker upgrade yet but the factory speakers sound surprisely good.

I'll post some pics tomorrow. Sound deadening and speaker replacements next.

Installed 0 guage to the back, DSR1, my Audiocontrol six channel and a two channel temporarily to power a JL 13w6v2. No door speaker upgrade yet but the factory speakers sound surprisely good.
I'll post some pics tomorrow. Sound deadening and speaker replacements next.

Yes, please keep us updated.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.