Looking to redo my rca runs while laying new carpet what's the best in opinion

What's the scoop on rca brands and in all technicality what's the standard every one prefers if technology with rca wiring do any of the coatings from one rca to the next help reduce noise

I'm running some old Orion rca from a original 1991 Orion install took the wiring from my buddy's 91 thunderbird. Seem ok but they're built the ends are so stiff they have ripped out the outer portions of my old radio just from a simple removal .

I need some new one anyhow .

Sky high seems like a good choice

RCAs are usually one of the lowest culprits of noise provided you dont buy the walmart special. t-spec, krystal, knuconeptz, whatever it is works

I realize they are not always if at all the noise culprit all I meant was is they're technology in rca coating or the way some brands are made if all else that can help reduce noise if the issue is untraceable or very minor where a good set of rcas can reduce that little bit remaining .I dont have any noise just to be clear I just flat out want a good set... seeing as its good timing with the carpet removed ...hence my post for opinions .

Ive had quite a few different pairs. I am not sure how much of a difference a better pair makes. Maybe someone with some large setup can chime in. When looking around at a bunch of different ones many of the bigger names do have different quality levels of cables. The cheaper ones are thinner wire, thinner coatings, cheaper connectors. Not sure if that is going to effect how they work, or if its more about how long they last. I noticed this when seeing JL audio, kicker, Stinger. I went with the Stinger 8000 series mostly because there was a good deal on amazon.

I use 20 gauge wire, twist pairs together in a drill, and solder RCA ends on them. I've done this for more than 20 years and have never come across any noise. It makes for a nice clean install: all cables are the right length and I use black for ground, white, gray, green, & purple for their respective positives.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.