Two hdc3 15s or one hdc4 18

Hi guys and girls need some help with subwoofers,

One 18 hdc4 running on 2500w @ 1ohm

or

Two 15 hdc3s running on 2500w @ 1ohm total

The box is 5cf (that is max i can fit) tuned to 30-31hz ish

Suggestions / oppinions?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Im running four 15s now actually haha, but they are small and home audio woofers, work fine but when i just had two it was just as loud but went lower, so two 15s work in 5cf box. Was tuned to 21hz at first but noticed they needed more airflow, so now there are four 4" tubes with no flares and 25" long, tuned to 30-31hz ish

Was thinking almost two 18s hah but thats a no no? Just want to get loud., maybe 6cf is possible if a make a new box

Those hdc3 and hdc4 like big boxes, especially the 15's and 18's. Those subs get loud with the right power, but you also need the right enclosure. Have you looked into different more efficient subs that you can get away with a smaller box?

Im running four 15s now actually haha, but they are small and home audio woofers, work fine but when i just had two it was just as loud but went lower, so two 15s work in 5cf box. Was tuned to 21hz at first but noticed they needed more airflow, so now there are four 4" tubes with no flares and 25" long, tuned to 30-31hz ish
Was thinking almost two 18s hah but thats a no no? Just want to get loud., maybe 6cf is possible if a make a new box
So much wrong in there^ if U have 5cubes you will get best results with 2 12s

View attachment 26557171

Have a bigger amp now btw, inverted the subs for a little more space, lows come out easyer

But two 12s instead, wouldnt that just bottom out streat away? Dont really care that the box has to sound right and "SQ" just loud and deep preferably.

But how can you see if a sub requiers more space than others? Given they are same diameter.

View attachment 26557171
Have a bigger amp now btw, inverted the subs for a little more space, lows come out easyer

But two 12s instead, wouldnt that just bottom out streat away? Dont really care that the box has to sound right and "SQ" just loud and deep preferably.

But how can you see if a sub requiers more space than others? Given they are same diameter.
Bottom out straight away?.. in 5 ft3 net?.. this was 5ft3 net and it did great!

Its all enclosure and power... even a cheap sub will sound great in a properly designed enclosure.

BgrwbZT.jpg

O p everything these guys are telling you is true I have seen 112 in a good proper sized box destroy 215 in a crap box both setups were mine back in the day before I researched anything or really even cared to learn and just wanted to bang as hard as possible threw two fifteens in and it was cool but never sounded quite right replaced it with 112 in a custom box on the same power and it was way way louder and cleaner

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.