I think im wrong. Second battery wiring. *pic attached*

znewberry

Illinois
The first image is how im currently wired. Is this ok? I have a couple questions.

1) should I do the second image, and run amp from my xs5100.

2) should both battery be grounded to chassis?

3) since im in a chrysler 300 and my battery is in the trunk. there is a positive charge post up front under the hood. will this charge the system properly with my agm charger.

The second set up.. and ground alone to chassis or frame..and run a fused distro block off the 5100 for your amps and a solid distro block for grounding is way I have mine set up and usually do for dual batts

The second image usually results in shorter power runs before getting to the battery and will be slightly less resistive, but in the real world it won't matter. Electricity flows on the path of least resistance and will evenly flow through the wire. Shorter runs will give you a small boost though might not be much at all

Figured it out - pushed on the cone while i was testing the impedance, went into the negative. Coil has a short. Whiever did the recone botched it.

I got super screwed. Thanks for the help guys

2nd image...and not necessary to run ground from batt to batt.
Might not be a necessity, but depending on the vehicle, it could make a difference. Also would carry the load if the ground points you picked weren't great.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.