Sign in to follow this  
MattinMO

Picked up a 96 civic for a daily but gas mpg isn’t what I thought it would be

So Sunday bought a 96 4 door civic with only 125k on it. It’s only the 2nd 4cyl I’ve ever owned and it’s dog asssss slow. Automatic...runs like a sewing machine but I think the motor is a little tired bc the reason I think I’m not getting good gas mpg is bc this thing is so slow I have to hammer it to get up hills, merge onto the highway, pass slow drivers. Anything I should do without turning it into a tuner rice mobile!!? Intake, hypertec, sell it and get a accord?.

My wife doesn’t know about my car audio addiction...shhhh

Need more details....is it slow because its not up to your standards slow....like treating it like a v8 fast...or what? Maybe do a tune up on it. Sounds like it wasn't taken care of very well.

97 4 dr. Tahoe

Interstate battery

Alpine 9835

Polk Audio MM6501 comps

Wolfram amps coming soon, 3000.1, 125.4

2 Sundown Audio X 15's Tuned @ 30Hz.

Knukonceptz/Royal Excelene wiring

Standards usually get a few mpg more than autos, especially on the smaller japenese engines. The auto should still get like 28-32mpg?

Team Flex Issues

JVF Customz

REFS- Supergumby5000, Lastcall, 919motoring, hippishake, daboyfromdabx (great seller), beach22

cai intakes don't really help as much for the work it can be to remove air box.. 1st think just get k&n filter, new plugs, change oil, fuel filter & tans fl & filter also put some b12 chemtool gas treatment (walmart metal can $3) in only like 1/2 tank premium gas.. if u have a muffler shop (or u have a laser temp gun) check temp on cat. after u drive 20 mins if temp over 650 u probably need to change that and that'll really add some hp back..

KENWOOD X301 HU, PRECISION POWER Phantom 1000, FU 750 12, 2.1cfad ported, soundqubed 6.5" coax/doors, hp & lp xover on hu, AGM starting batt...

Boomin_tahoe said:
2 ohms rule

What kind of mpg are you getting? What are the rpms when the trans shifts as you drive it? When is the last time the air filter was cleaned or changed? Spark plugs? Oil? Trans fluid? Proper tire inflation?

giphy.gif

probably just needs maintenance

I AM The Future of personal transportation, NOW!!
Pretty sure everyone on this site hates you (@JohnKuthe) more then me and that's very hard to accomplish.

Cat delete, sri, ngk spark plugs and thicker wires. That will give it some more pep in it’s step.

Oh and seafoam that *****! Oil, vac line, and gas tank. Make sure you change oil about 80 miles after foaming the oil.

'04 Focus sedan

Kenwood kdc-bt555u

Wolfram AG15 (pre order)

4.15 cubes @ 29hz

Wolfram W-1500.1

IG: @darth_immitis

I need triple tinsel leads because I clip the **** out of every sub I own

Lol def don’t expect v8 results as far as power but my Silverado on 24” wheels gets about 14-15 mpg city and I’m thinking I’m only getting 19/20 out of this civic

I think a cat delete is def in order even tho I live in an emission Nazi state now I still have ways around it.

Yea just bought it last Sunday night and haven’t had time to do anything to it, tomorrow I’m changing oil, gonna give restore a try, pulls the plugs to see what they look like, change the air filter, and I have a temp gun I’m gonna see if there’s an issue with the cat

I honestly think the cat might be part of the problem gonna fool with it this weekend

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this