Sign in to follow this  
moparnut

Pics in a thread

I have tried the external site link to get pics to show, however it only shows the link in what looks like broken HTML. How do you guys get pics to post in your threads?

right click on the image, get direct link. open imagine in new tab, or copy image link. when you paste the link and go to it needs to be the image directly, nothing else on the page.

right click on the image, get direct link. open imagine in new tab, or copy image link. when you paste the link and go to it needs to be the image directly, nothing else on the page.

Thank you.

Those are windows. The purple LED's light off of the trunk switch. The box is a 7 1/2 foot long t-line and houses a single JL12W0 on a Pioneer GM-D8601. I have since turned the box around and will be extending the port another 18" as it is a little short. Here are some build pics.

IHtCkOa.jpg

7RcYpYX.jpg

I'm going to move this my build thread since I have the answer I needed for this one. I should have the amp rack done this weekend.

That's a tline??? I'm sorry but it doesn't look like a t-line enclosure.

The port folds several times, but it is built using the same principles. Here is an xray mock up that made of it. I added the 45's to each corner.

AYD78mA.jpg

Oh I see it now...it just looks....compact compared to mine. Mine is roughly 3 cu ft.

9jinPVS.jpg

I've seen yours and it looks awesome. Mine looks compact, but it is far from it. It is almost 5 cubic feet as it sits in the pics.

Yessir. JL12W0 right now. Going to change it to a PPI PH.12 dual 2ohm eventually. It is a perfect rms match for my amp at 1 ohm and at the max of my price range.

Yessir. JL12W0 right now. Going to change it to a PPI PH.12 dual 2ohm eventually. It is a perfect rms match for my amp at 1 ohm and at the max of my price range.

thats alot of box for either of those subs.. pretty good subs around for under $200. i've wondered what the pi sound like myself but if thats all u looking at u should get pioneer 3003 pro $80 i'm sure it's a better sub and more efficient too rated at 600rms but i ran over 900 to mine for months no problem most of us over power by a few hundred watts set gain tad low to get clean power..

oh well i guess your 8601 amp does 800 @1 ohm.. so oddly enough the pioneer sub won't work as well with that amp.. caraudio bargain has a 3" coil 1k sub $129 has good reviews anyway get d2 if u gonna get ppi sub i'd get this in d2 https://www.ebay.com/itm/PRECISION-POWER-PC-124-SUB-12-1600W-MAX-DUAL-4-OHM-PPI-SUBWOOFER-BASS-SPEAKER-/401084389881?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

thats alot of box for either of those subs.. pretty good subs around for under $200. i've wondered what the pi sound like myself but if thats all u looking at u should get pioneer 3003 pro $80 i'm sure it's a better sub and more efficient too rated at 600rms but i ran over 900 to mine for months no problem most of us over power by a few hundred watts set gain tad low to get clean power..

IF you would read up on t-lines and I know Jeff has even provided you links to some of them for your reading purposes, they would tell you that t-lines take up a lot of internal area because of the length of the port. They're gonna be bigger than your normal sealed/ported boxes........only downfall of t-lines.

Not all subs are designed to work in a t line box.

The PPI P.12 has a qts below .4 and qms below 7 so it should work just fine in a t line.

IF you would read up on t-lines and I know Jeff has even provided you links to some of them for your reading purposes, they would tell you that t-lines take up a lot of internal area because of the length of the port. They're gonna be bigger than your normal sealed/ported boxes........only downfall of t-lines.

i understand that i just meant lot of work for lower subs..

i understand that i just meant lot of work for lower subs..

How is it a lot of work? It's just a few more pieces added in the enclosure build process vs a ported enclosure.

How is it a lot of work? It's just a few more pieces added in the enclosure build process vs a ported enclosure.

with windows and all for a 200 watt 12..

with windows and all for a 200 watt 12..

So? To us, it's easy to do because we've done it before, many times over.

Was it a lot of work, yes. Was it worth it, absolutely. I mainly wanted to try something different and that I did. The JL performs very well and from what I can tell the PPI will do even better. Plus I've always liked see through boxes.

So? To us, it's easy to do because we've done it before, many times over.

Yeah, it ain't my first rodeo :). I missed building them

Yeah, it ain't my first rodeo :). I missed building them

That one I built was my 1st....thanks to CSCStang for the design. Gramps mad cuz he didn't win the mat giveaway.