Another set of 6.5 component fast opinions needed for overall comparisons

I need to purchase another set of 6.5 components today for my other vehicle project my price range is within that of the hertz MPK 6.5 or RE audio 6.5 XXX Components are either better then the other in form of loudness and maintaining sq or even close to high end sq components it's gonna be one or the other

And they're going in a single cab ranger.

Only think I've been able to run that I could say I had in a mediocre range was skar audio 6.5 components. If anyone can compare the hertz mpk or re xxx components to the skar I'll know what I'm dealing with on choice wise.

Skar was ok and loud but I surely wasn't seeing any sq factor like I recall from my jl audio c2 6.5 set I had years ago.

I wanna make a good choice here between the two maintaining sq at high volume is key for me

I've owned a ranger in the past and I don't think you'll be able to roll down your front door windows with the RE installed. I might be wrong tho. Get the MPKs imo.

I went with the mpk before I read the replies just based off instinct

Now browsing for a decent channel amp under 250$ that will be good pair for these something that can do 500-600watts without hesitation as each side can handle 300w maxx But not sure if the amp has to do rated power at 4ohm or 2 ohm most 500w amps I'm seeing under 300$ do maxx power at 2 ohm . The mpk set are 4 ohm drivers

I went with the mpk before I read the replies just based off instinct Now browsing for a decent channel amp under 250$ that will be good pair for these something that can do 500-600watts without hesitation as each side can handle 300w maxx But not sure if the amp has to do rated power at 4ohm or 2 ohm most 500w amps I'm seeing under 300$ do maxx power at 2 ohm . The mpk set are 4 ohm drivers
the only way is to buy a 4 channel amp and bridge it at 4 ohms. I completely explained this to you on my reply to your private message. I'm guessing you didnt learn anything from that...

those hertz mpk are only 110 watts rms per side. you sound completely lost bud. http://www.hertzaudiovideo.com/car-audio-speakers-system-mille-pro-mpk165-3/

Sorry for the miss understanding

I thought you meant bridge 4 speaker leads Left + - and right + - too a 2 channel amp I did not know this was bridging 4 channel. Always thought some amps are not bridgeable.

Still learning about components and matching amps .

I assumed you could run max power at all times

I ran 800+ watt fosgate for 2 months straight on skar audio 6.5 set

But I also had two American bass 6.5sq on the other two channels.

So now I get it match a little over the rms rating never run max power constant and bridge 4 channels for one set of components as long as the amp output doesn't exceed past the drivers maxx rating ? Sound right or am I still off?

So if I take and bridge each driver that's 4 ohms It's gonna make it 2 ohm stereo ?

And I'll get 140watts roughly per driver

As the specs state

Model Code TS95.4

Continuous power output @ 14.v Input:

-RMS power, 4ohm stereo : 95W x 4CH

-RMS power, 2ohm stereo : 140W x 4CH

-RMS power, 4ohm bridged : 280W x 2CH

Still learning about components and matching amps .I assumed you could run max power at all times

I ran 800+ watt fosgate for 2 months straight on skar audio 6.5 set

But I also had two American bass 6.5sq on the other two channels.

So now I get it match a little over the rms rating never run max power constant and bridge 4 channels for one set of components as long as the amp output doesn't exceed past the drivers maxx rating ? Sound right or am I still off?
stop mentioning max/peak power numbers and NEVER mention it again EVER. Its only about RMS numbers.

So if I take and bridge each driver that's 4 ohms It's gonna make it 2 ohm stereo ? And I'll get 140watts roughly per driver

As the specs state

Model Code TS95.4

Continuous power output @ 14.v Input:

-RMS power, 4ohm stereo : 95W x 4CH

-RMS power, 2ohm stereo : 140W x 4CH

-RMS power, 4ohm bridged : 280W x 2CH
No you get 280 watts per driver

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.