Looking for 1/0 Copper Lugs

Participant count
  • Participant list
For 2/0 welding cable use 2/0 welding cable lugs. And the sky highs will fit it’s just tricky to get the wire in clean. I have 2/0 welding cable with sky high 1/0 and 2/0 lugs and the only difference is sky high comes with heat shrink

For 2/0 welding cable use 2/0 welding cable lugs. And the sky highs will fit it’s just tricky to get the wire in clean. I have 2/0 welding cable with sky high 1/0 and 2/0 lugs and the only difference is sky high comes with heat shrink
Really? Because my 2/0 Welding Cable is very small compared to the Sky High Lugs... Like a nickels width gap. I was told Skyhigh uses oversized wire/lugs. My Knukonceptz 1/0 is the same size as my 2/0 welding cable and is also too small for the sky high lugs.

This is my welding cable and its quite small compared to my 1/0 sky high lugs:

http://www.wireandsupply.com/2_0_WELDING_CABLE_BLUE_p/wc-2-0-07-std.htm

So I don't know whats going on here... All I know is I bought 20ft of 2/0 welding cable and its too small for the $20 in lugs I just bought... some are saying sky high is oversized some are saying its not, all I can say is theres a nice gap between the wire and the lug and its the same way for my 0/1 knukonceptz.

Really? Because my 2/0 Welding Cable is very small compared to the Sky High Lugs... Like a nickels width gap. I was told Skyhigh uses oversized wire/lugs. My Knukonceptz 1/0 is the same size as my 2/0 welding cable and is also too small for the sky high lugs.
This is my welding cable and its quite small compared to my 1/0 sky high lugs:

2/0 WELDING CABLE BLUE

So I don't know whats going on here... All I know is I bought 20ft of 2/0 welding cable and its too small for the $20 in lugs I just bought... some are saying sky high is oversized some are saying its not, all I can say is theres a nice gap between the wire and the lug and its the same way for my 0/1 knukonceptz.
It's smaller. Excuse it has fewer larger strands. It's just as conductive.

Go to homedepot and get the mechanical copper lugs. Better imo

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.