Participant count
  • Participant list

ilikeradios
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I just picked up a pair of these.

They are dual 2 ohms so I will have to run them at 2 ohms on my RP 2000.1

I am putting them in my Ford Sport Trac

My rear seat folds down into a flat platform.

It is a 2/3 split.

I want to remove the larger side and build a box, this will allow me to put one person in the back when needed. The rest of the time the back is just for my dog and cargo.

This is basically the setup,
0702tr_15_z%2B2007_ford_explorer_sport_trac%2Binterior_rear_seat_up.jpg

So anyway I am surprised the subs require so much airspace.

Skar says 1.2 cubes each, that is pretty big.

I am thinking a pvc tube is the only way I am getting a port to work.

So thinking subs firing forward and the port sideways firing towards the rear door.

How much room should I have between the subs and the back of the front seat, I am hoping 2-3 inches is enough?

Thoughts?

so 8's facing forward firing into the front seat, how much room between the subs and seat?

Port firing towards door, how far away should port be from door?

2-8's on around 1,200 watts, is that enough? They can handle 2k but I don't have the correct ohm load.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.