Help finding an amplifier

Riley777

I wanna make a sub box to fit this subwoofer

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Orion-HCCA104-10-Subwoofer-4000-Watt-Dual-4-Ohm-Voice-Coil-Bass-Competition-Sub-/182744082856?_trkparms=gclientid=_m0vfdNBcgvlaF6Cvu89cyM5nsTTyK2EExYiB4EX3yUBy1VXh6Y5YDgv1_iywNf4&_trksid=p2489528.m4335.l8656&_mwBanner=1

It’s 2000 Watts rms @2 ohms and I need help finding a AC240V amplifier for a home theatre setup. I’d really prefer a plate amp to fit flush in the back of the box. I’ve looked and can’t find anything, 1500 Watts is the biggest I can find.

That subs fs is way too high for home theater use. Also ypu shouldnt need so much power since it's for home use. You can use a bigger box vs mobil applications which will lower power requirements

Fs is resonant frequency. Home theater subs are usually hi teens-lo 20's hz. That speaker is for spl competition, so it's tuned to play hi bass/almost midbass since for a given amount of watts, youll get more decibels playing higher notes than low.

That hcca has an fs of 44hz.

This is an adire tumult, a home theater sub, the fs is 19hz.

TumultSide.jpg

Using that hcca for heavy bass is like trying to drive a nail with a crescent wrench.

I wanna make a sub box to fit this subwoofer
https://m.ebay.com/itm/Orion-HCCA104-10-Subwoofer-4000-Watt-Dual-4-Ohm-Voice-Coil-Bass-Competition-Sub-/182744082856?_trkparms=gclientid=_m0vfdNBcgvlaF6Cvu89cyM5nsTTyK2EExYiB4EX3yUBy1VXh6Y5YDgv1_iywNf4&_trksid=p2489528.m4335.l8656&_mwBanner=1

It’s 2000 Watts rms @2 ohms and I need help finding a AC240V amplifier for a home theatre setup. I’d really prefer a plate amp to fit flush in the back of the box. I’ve looked and can’t find anything, 1500 Watts is the biggest I can find.
yep parts express is the place for u and dayton is the sub..

I have a 15” Dayton sub rated at 800wrms and I put 1100 Watts through it but it’s not as portable as I’d like and I want more power. Plus 15” is to big which is why I’m opting for 10”

What do you mean by “fs”?Also it’s more of a portable “party” sub as well as home use. To play heavy bass tunes with.
its a poor choice, its an in car SPL sub, It doesnt project far, you want a pro audio woofer, efficient and loud. That sub you chose is not efficient, you need to throw at least a 3000 rms amp to it and it still wont get anywhere as loud as a pro audio style sub in the kind of application you need it for.

I have a 15” Dayton sub rated at 800wrms and I put 1100 Watts through it but it’s not as portable as I’d like and I want more power. Plus 15” is to big which is why I’m opting for 10”

You want more power? as in louder? You be WAAAAAAY less loud with that orion 10 than that dayton 15. Cone area matters, If you want portability, build your box out of 11 layered ply instead of MDF.

I'd try to copy the SVS 15 box where you can plug up port holes to get a deeper response for home movies or open up the port holes for loud party music. Design is key, go aero ported or folded horn style enclosures.

ive been thinking of replacing the driver in my home sub setup as its been getting kinda stinky as of late, maybe the amp too. Its a Definitive Technology powered 10" and has a great frequency response. Not sure what to replace it with tho. I'll check the dimensions of the box and the amps power output and post them here later

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.