Need Box Design/Help for CT Sounds Meso 12

Participant count
  • Participant list

LACDPN

Willing to pay someone for some simplified plans/cut sheet or even someone to build a simple box for me in Orange County CA. Will be one 12” ct sounds Meso. I’m not limited by size of the box. Parameters are as follows:

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS:

Sub power: 1500W (RMS) | 3000W (MAX)

Subwoofer size: 12"

Subwoofer type/ impedance: Dual 2 ohm

Voice coil (diameter): 3" (76.2mm)

FS: 37.829Hz

QTS: 0.397

QES: 0.432

QMS: 5.008

VAS: 23.373 liters

SPL: 86.5 dB (@1w/1m)

Xmax: 20mm

Displacement: 0.18 ft3

Magnet weight: 330 Oz

Speaker connector: 12 Gauge

Resonant frequency: 30.5Hz

BOX SPECIFICATIONS:

Sealed: 1.00 ft3

Ported: 1.50 ~ 1.75 ft3

MOUNTING / INSTALLATION PARAMETERS:

Cutout diameter: 282mm / 11.1"

Overall diameter: 328mm / 12.9"

Mounting depth: 196mm / 7.7"

List your dimensions, amp, loading, vehicle and music preference... decaf, low daily, daily, rock/hi-daily or SPL and someone will probably help...

What are you looking for... soundwise?

List your dimensions, amp, loading, vehicle and music preference... decaf, low daily, daily, rock/hi-daily or SPL and someone will probably help...
What are you looking for... soundwise?
Honestly not too picky, just looking for loud and low bass. It’s just an occasional weekend cruiser. 1983 Cadillac Fleetwood, so not really limited by trunk space or anything. Later I will have a more custom design made to fit over the contours of the front of the trunk but for now a plain rectangle box in the middle of the trunk pan will do. Mostly hip hop and old school/funk music.

Amp is a hifonics ZXX 3200.1d

Honestly not too picky, just looking for loud and low bass. It’s just an occasional weekend cruiser. 1983 Cadillac Fleetwood, so not really limited by trunk space or anything. Later I will have a more custom design made to fit over the contours of the front of the trunk but for now a plain rectangle box in the middle of the trunk pan will do. Mostly hip hop and old school/funk music.
Amp is a hifonics ZXX 3200.1d
In the floor pan... middle of trunk... what configuration works best.... anyone?.. I'd do sub/port rear on this one... 83 pimp daddy Caddy

Wonder how close to 3200 watts the amp gets... or is it MAXX rated?.. 2 ga pwr/grnd huh?.. I'll need a ballpark to port it correctly... I'm guessing 1800 or so at best... anyone?

Last edited by a moderator:
In the floor pan... middle of trunk... what configuration works best.... anyone?.. I'd do sub/port rear on this one... 83 pimp daddy Caddy
Wonder how close to 3200 watts the amp gets... or is it MAXX rated?.. 2 ga pwr/grnd huh?.. I'll need a ballpark to port it correctly... I'm guessing 1800 or so at best... anyone?
The 3000 watt version dyno’d at 1810 watts so I’d guess 1800 is a good realistic ballpark. Figured it was cheap power

for occasional use and would push that sub decently.

Wow... that was close... 1800 ok... I'll try tomorrow if nobody else comes thru 1st... with the lower power you've got... wanna try an aero?.. or does it not matter to you?

Wow... that was close... 1800 ok... I'll try tomorrow if nobody else comes thru 1st... with the lower power you've got... wanna try an aero?.. or does it not matter to you?
Doesn’t matter, whatever would be easier as it’s only temporary until I redo my trunk.

Ok then... how much of a decaf fan are you?.. is a 31hz tune low enough?
Honestly I had to look up decaf haha I’ve been out of the scene for a while! But yeah that should be good, definitely gonna have to explore some decaf tracks now

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.