What could possibly be the problem?

joem1cha3l
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I installed a new Kenwood head unit in my vehicle. I purchased an adapter that retains the factory wiring at the stock amp so that I can use that to wire my 4 speakers at my new amp.

I've also installed Herts ESK Components in the front, JL C2-650 in the rear and an Infinity Kappa K4 amplifier. I have a great ground. I took a grinder wheel and removed all paint at that source. I have quality RCA's run in a separate location from the power source.

I'm admittedly paying much more attention to the sound now that I've put all of this money into everything. However, there are certain songs, or frequencies that are just not coming through as crisp and clear as id expect. Its so slight that sometimes I second guess that its even there, but it certainly is. Im being quite particular though.

Any suggestions on what may cause this or what I'm hearing? Gains and crossovers are set appropriately and this happens even at very low volume sometimes. Its almost a static type sound but quite faint and not consistent.

Anything I can purchase to clear help clear this up?

certain songs, or frequencies that are just not coming through as crisp and clear as id expect.
how is someone supposed to diagnose an issue that is based off your expectations? sounds like you need to tune the system to your preference. does the kenwood you installed have an eq?

if hu is like mine has 13 band eq and lots of other settings.. if it has time alignment set that up and u can adjust some of freqs up +1-3 maybe (just don't boost the freqs below hp xover) turn off all bass boost and drive eq, no preset eq or loudness.. what do u have xovers set at? do u use xover on hu if not u should and turn them off on amps or full (or if lp don't have off set it all the way up and set on hu at like 100 or whatever) then u can adjust them from hu to fine tune everything..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.