Papermaker85

Which amp poll.

Most efficent amp at .5 nominal  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Most efficent amp at .5 nominal

I'm stuck. I haven't used any of the amps and never seen them in person so I need someone with first hand experience!

I got the dual 2ohm coils.i want the most efficent amp in all honesty

Amp models would help also lol. I love sundown if you can afford (the sae line isn't that expensive but the other line is). Orion xtr amps are cheap and put out real good numbers though.

I think Vital power and b2 use same / similar guts on comparable amps. Sundown scv-7500d can be had for around $2000.

VP 700.1 can be had around $1100, and probably the b2 also I am assuming. Orion HCCA8000.1D can be had for just shy of $1100.

It comes down to what you want. You have a budget or can you get a good deal on 1 out of the bunch?

I think Vital power and b2 use same / similar guts on comparable amps. Sundown scv-7500d can be had for around $2000.

VP 700.1 can be had around $1100, and probably the b2 also I am assuming. Orion HCCA8000.1D can be had for just shy of $1100.

It comes down to what you want. You have a budget or can you get a good deal on 1 out of the bunch?

The money doesn't matter really. I just want the most efficent amp.

OP - Can you post the model of amp your looking at from each brand?

8k plus models

Orion hcca 8000.1d or 110001d

Vital power is supported to be I guess 7kw but it does more.

The b2 M1U

SUNDOWN 7500

I might end up doing 18v so I'm not sure. Only one that is 18v stable is the VP

I could still do 16 if the efficency is better.

I'm at a huge disadvantage with this build.

Small space. One alternator not much room for batteries etc..

New Taramps MD 8000 :D

I have 2 dual 2ohm coils.. I wanted to do the bass 12k but I'm not sure.

Never used any of those amps or anything even remotely close to that big but if you're limited on power the SCV line from Sundown stands out to me because of the capped voltage and will do good numbers off of lower voltage I read somewhere that they don't make a ton more power at higher voltages not sure if that's true at all I have heard some good things about the vital power amps and the price on those seems to be killer that in the Sundown would be my top two followed by the B2 and Orion comes in last just don't feel like it would be as durable as the others but have nothing to back that up just a hunch

Never used any of those amps or anything even remotely close to that big but if you're limited on power the SCV line from Sundown stands out to me because of the capped voltage and will do good numbers off of lower voltage I read somewhere that they don't make a ton more power at higher voltages not sure if that's true at all I have heard some good things about the vital power amps and the price on those seems to be killer that in the Sundown would be my top two followed by the B2 and Orion comes in last just don't feel like it would be as durable as the others but have nothing to back that up just a hunch

Im sure the sundown is a beast. I want to try the full bridge but they aren't nearly as over built. Not to mention I have a .5 ohm final impedance. Only full bridge amp I've seen that is well built is the banda..

I really don't know shat about the Brazilians only full bridge I would run at .5 is mmats and that's crazy money and I'm not even sure if they make an amp that big they might though anything under one ohm and I just stick with Korean cuz I'm too poor to be blowing up amps

I really don't know shat about the Brazilians only full bridge I would run at .5 is mmats and that's crazy money and I'm not even sure if they make an amp that big they might though anything under one ohm and I just stick with Korean cuz I'm too poor to be blowing up amps

Mmats full bridge 15 years ago. Lol. But yea if they didn't cost so much I'd run them. Two 4ks woukd be sweet!!

Could you do one amp per sub then you would be at one ohm each amp and could do two smaller Brazilians

**** I was a second too slow with my post we were thinking the same thing though never been in an audio competition not really sure on the rules but I'm sure somebody here knows

I could still do 16 if the efficency is better.

I'm at a huge disadvantage with this build.

Small space. One alternator not much room for batteries etc..

Sounds like my situation except I can’t afford an 8k amp lol

Sounds like my situation except I can’t afford an 8k amp lol

If I can sell my nc 3600 I'll grab a 12k. Lol

Save 100 bones at a time amperson.

I had to pay 500$ in tickets so it set me back a bit.

My amps for sale fyi. It's a solid 3500. If you get a voltage regulator you can run 14v battery and get 4500 out of her.

400 bones

Edited by Papermaker85