Pioneer Customer Service is Terrible

dudeogo

Actually a Potato
So I have a AVH-4200NEX that came in my car when I got it used. Super nice head unit. When I disconnected the battery and connected it later, it wanted the previous owners password. So I call pioneer wanting to handle things the right way since I bought the car from a dealer. This man with a heavy accent picks of the phone and is totally rude to me and has an attitude while telling me I was screwed and would have to spend a minimum of 80 dollars with pioneer, pay shipping, and wait a MINIMUM of 3 weeks to get my unit wiped. No. So I built a script and cracked the security within 5 minutes for free with my computer and a flash drive. Screw Pioneer. Good product terrible service.

Why didn't you call the previous owner for the password?
I bought it from a dealer who didn't even know the headunit was in there in the first place. I didn't want to mess with it. I don't even think they knew the previous owner I think it got sold dealer to dealer once or twice

I bought it from a dealer who didn't even know the headunit was in there in the first place. I didn't want to mess with it. I don't even think they knew the previous owner I think it got sold dealer to dealer once or twice
Ah ok. Thought you bought it private party. On a side note, what dealer didn't know it was even there?! That's their job when selling any vehicle. Go with a checklist of things and noted in the f/s ad.

Ah ok. Thought you bought it private party. On a side note, what dealer didn't know it was even there?! That's their job when selling any vehicle. Go with a checklist of things and noted in the f/s ad.
They are a small dealer and had just gotten it.

Honestly I just think they overlooked it. The dash kit made it look pretty factory and I just don't think they were paying attention. But that's besides the point
ya true. Everything has a password nowadays!

I said in the OP that I unlocked it by myself in less than 5 minutes with a couple scripts. The point was it was so easy to do but Pioneer wanted so much to do it
Ha, my bad. Just quickly read it and didn't catch that part, long day. I stopped after the statement of being screwed. Glad to see you you were able to write a script for it, wish I understood that kind of stuff.

ya true. Everything has a password nowadays!
True. But at least now I know what it is. Also update on my Build, looks like Alphard is discontinuing the Hannibal brand to rebadge as machete so instead of waiting for the re release I think I'm gonna do 4 Of the Deaf Bonce 27 12s on around 8-10k

Ha, my bad. Just quickly read it and didn't catch that part, long day. I stopped after the statement of being screwed. Glad to see you you were able to write a script for it, wish I understood that kind of stuff.
No biggie //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif when it comes to that stuff the internet is your friend!

True. But at least now I know what it is. Also update on my Build, looks like Alphard is discontinuing the Hannibal brand to rebadge as machete so instead of waiting for the re release I think I'm gonna do 4 Of the Deaf Bonce 27 12s on around 8-10k
R u a computer programmer?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.