Sign in to follow this  
ikpthegame

Looking for amp recommendations

So I'll most likely be getting 2 10" subs made by Corey Dean. I'll be running the amp at 1ohm, and I'm looking for a amp around 1500w. Don't have tons of money to spend and have been out of the game for a while. Also I know I'll need a oscope to set the gains but how do you use one? Also anyone got a cheap recommendation on one of those also? And where to buy these items would also help. Trying to plan my system so thanks for any help.

Getting a pair of DAB 10's?.. or something bigger?... im curious what they're actually able to take... a 1500 watter may only be enough amp to move em once they're boxed up... them subs look pretty healthy... I don't have any experience with them but I'm curious

Whats the budget?

If around $200, CAB 1600.1, Skar RP2000.1D, Soundstream PA1.5000D etc...

I think the best you can get around $200 though is the Wolfram W-1500, It's $229 right now, but if you use the BigDWiz code it drops down to $207.

Whats the budget?

If around $200, CAB 1600.1, Skar RP2000.1D, Soundstream PA1.5000D etc...

I think the best you can get around $200 though is the Wolfram W-1500, It's $229 right now, but if you use the BigDWiz code it drops down to $207.

You beat me to it, was going to list the skar , Wolfram and cab as well.

idk those subs at all but for 1500 yeah get wolfram 1500 or twisted sounds 1.3k (same thing) skar 2k if u don't care what peeps think (just tested at 2250rms) orion xtr 1500 does like 2150rms but they maybe more $ and little dirty.. other amps around give us a $ amount and max rms in case u want more power later.. ps big blank test amps https://www.youtube.com/user/bigblank69/videos?disable_polymer=1

We’ve had a few customers of Corey come to us looking for amps! We’re running a sale on our 1500.1s right now @ 229 shipped.

http://www.WolframAudio.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How long is the sale running, I like that amp and it's in my price range?

Also the subs Corey will be making me are built on sa motors since I know I can fit those in the box under my seats in my truck.

How long is the sale running, I like that amp and it's in my price range?

Also the subs Corey will be making me are built on sa motors since I know I can fit those in the box under my seats in my truck.

Sale will be running until the end of the month!

Also the subs will be able to handle 1000rms each he told me but around 1500rms total power will be plenty for me, until I can upgrade my stock electrical. I'm pretty sure my truck has a 195a alt stock, it's it 2013 ram 1500. And id like to stick under $250 for a amp if I can.

Also the subs will be able to handle 1000rms each he told me but around 1500rms total power will be plenty for me, until I can upgrade my stock electrical. I'm pretty sure my truck has a 195a alt stock, it's it 2013 ram 1500. And id like to stick under $250 for a amp if I can.

wolfram hard to beat for the price... if u end up with 2k u can set gain lower, theres a video shows u how to set gain for lower power with volt meter and 50 hz tone it's easy..

Sale will be running until the end of the month!

Dam.....I really need a new 4 ch amp but I'm still broke. has anyone bought the 4 ch amp version and how do they like it?

Dam.....I really need a new 4 ch amp but I'm still broke. has anyone bought the 4 ch amp version and how do they like it?

I believe someone has purchased one from this forum, but there are various reviews posted on the bass FB pages about it!

I believe someone has purchased one from this forum, but there are various reviews posted on the bass FB pages about it!

Alright I'll take a look...

We’ve had a few customers of Corey come to us looking for amps! We’re running a sale on our 1500.1s right now @ 229 shipped.

http://www.WolframAudio.com

sounds like its worth a try.

Did a little search to see if anyone had done a test on a Wolfram amp, and found one from a trusted source. See the video link below:

Wolfram Audio W-3000.1, 3000 watts Amp Dyno Test video. These amps are making the rated power.

Did a little search to see if anyone had done a test on a Wolfram amp, and found one from a trusted source. See the video link below:

Wolfram Audio W-3000.1, 3000 watts Amp Dyno Test video. These amps are making the rated power.

Yes they do rated and are built in korea instead of china like most of the others in this price range. I believe the internal components are a little better.

I had 2 SA12s on a DDm80. Swapped out the Dd and I just tossed a cab1600 @ 1ohm and its seriously beating these things up. I am very happy with that $200 out the door spent.

Old news bro

Old news bro

I'm sure it is, and since this was a newish thread where a reference to Wolfram was made, sharing old information is how we educate.

I'm sure it is, and since this was a newish thread where a reference to Wolfram was made, sharing old information is how we educate.

Is it now? So is a simple youtube search. Actually, the vid has been posted on multiple threads w/o your awareness, and since your new.

So looks like I'll be going with the cab1600.1 since the sale for Wolfram is over this month. Last couple questions, where do you get test tones from? I mostly listen to rock, but there is some rap in there. Also how do you set the gain with a osiliscope? Never done it that way, I only have set them with a multimeter.

So looks like I'll be going with the cab1600.1 since the sale for Wolfram is over this month. Last couple questions, where do you get test tones from? I mostly listen to rock, but there is some rap in there. Also how do you set the gain with a osiliscope? Never done it that way, I only have set them with a multimeter.

i can email a 50hz tone to u (if no ones else has a link or something) but it's short so u can add it to phone or usb like 4 times or hit repeat or something (i always set hp xover to 200hz when i do the 50hz tone just to protect my speakers probably not needed if u have your at 100 or so)

Someone *cough* me *cough* did a YouTube video of a Dyno on the W-1500 as well...

You could always email Colin and ask him to put a W-1500 on layaway if you can't afford it now. No BS its a better amp than the CAB.