One AB hd12 or 2 sundown sa12 or one re XX12???

Rroark90

Having a very hard time trying to pick which subwoofer to go with wanting around 1500 Watts I will be installing this into a Jeep Wrangler unlimited right now I have a RF 1200w amp But birth sheet says it’s closer to 1400 I will only be running this amp for a short time I plan to get a new bigger amp possibly a Skar 2000 amp gonna do the big 3 and an extra battery budget is around 400 I’m having a hard time deciding which sub because I haven’t heard any of the 3 in person but I keep reading great things about the ab hd 12 and the SA 12’s I haven’t been able to find anything about the re XX12 but looks like a nice sub I want something that will get loud and hold up well any input would be appreciated

Sa's are awesome Subs but the new model HD seemed pretty nice too now that they have a deeper basket and more Excursion plus I'm pretty sure they have American-made coils now too HD is definitely a beefier sub but the SA ain't no punk either and 2 will probably be louder than one but that's not always the case

Thanks for those responses it’s hard to pick when I haven’t heard any of them I was leaning towards the HD cause it’s 100 bucks less then 2 sa but pretty sure the 2 subs would be louder then the one I think I just might go with the sa’s

Do you want to save space or just get loud? 2 sa12s will likely be louder. 1 hd12 in a good box will get quote loud and easily take up to 3000w without a sweat.

Re audio was never really amazing to me the 05 xxx was great but the company has changed a lot since then

I want the best bang i can get in my price range I had a kicker l7 15 prior to this and wanted something more wasn’t too impressed with the l7 but I’m still kinda leaning towards the HD 12 but if you guys think the 2 sa’s would be better then I’ll get them

I'd get a pair of SA's... that amp should be about right to really push em (Skar 2000)... box and tune em to what you want and I think you'll be happy

Hard decision when coming to picking out equipment, I am in the same boat lol.. All of the equipment listed above is great. I have not tried the newer or heard the newer re subs, but I have had an older model RE SX 12" and it was a beast sub. Sundown makes good stuff, and the American bass sub listed is also a beefy sub. I know you are working with a budget, but I would try to get 2 mid level 12's for now if you can squeeze it, and run them off what you got for now. You can always upgrade to bigger amp in the near future and upgrade your electrical if needed. Another line of subs to throw in the mix, some soundqubed HDS312 $175 a pop or some Ampere Audio-2.5 can find them around $200ish a pop.

I don't mean to throw a new horse in the race but you should definitely consider the Alphard Audio Hannibal Fx30 12. Right about 200 each rated at 750 watts. Love mine to death. So much infact I'm getting 3 more for my SPL build. They outclass even the SA 12

Get them from GP car audio.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Rroark90

Rroark90
Wichita,KS
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views