Im installing JL Audio FiX 86 this week in the 300. Any recommendations "best" RCA cables?

Im installing JL Audio FiX 86 this week in the 300. Any recommendations "best" RCA cables?

Anything "shielded" should be about the same. Don't put too much stock into marketing hype and over-pay. I'm currently using Monster and Stinger at the moment but have done plenty of installs with other brands and really unless you buy bottom of the gutter stuff (it'll look super cheap) you're fine. Even Boss brand RCA cables are fine assuming they're "shielded" and have decent enough insulation to survive mobile environment.

I use monster rca cables for home and car audio

My wife doesn’t know about my car audio addiction...shhhh

Through the years, I finally settled in on one cable that never fails to deliver in terms of sound quality and ease of installation. Monster Interlink Micro XLN. Sweet highs, fat bass, and no noise.

Eactly like the ones in this listing (not mine, btw). --> https://www.ebay.com/itm/Monster-Cable-IMXLN-4c-5m-Interlink-Micro-XLN-Car-Audio-RCA-4-Channel/263424010041?hash=item3d554b6739:g:QJ0AAOSw4QdaUg7e

Saying "clipping doesn't kill speakers" is a half-truth at best. Technically no, clipping itself does not hurt the speaker. But in clipping your amp, you can easily create a situation that WILL kill the speaker. Was the squared waveform the DIRECT cause of the failure? No. In the end, the answer is, always has been, and can only be... heat kills speakers. BUT, clipping increases heat generation, sometimes by a drastic amount. So to start a thread simply to state that clipping does not hurt speakers is, again, a half-truth at best.

Our cables are custom made to order in the USA and all of our lines are shielded properly. Lots of cheaper shielded cables do not properly ground the shield, or use foil as a shield which doesn't reject much, if any noise.

You can check them out at SounDrive Audio Store or email me at damien@soundrive.audio for bulk orders of 5+ sets.

Owner, SounDrive Audio

Visit our store at http://www.soundrive.audio

Like us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/soundriveAudio

PLEASE EMAIL ME FOR FASTER RESPONSES - damien@soundrive.audio

Dealer for: SounDrive Audio | Synergy Audio | Audio Legion | XS Power | Mechman | SPL-Lab | Taramps | Limitless Lithium | Wolfram Audio | Singer Alternators | Ampere Vibraflex

Stay away from the very cheap generic RCA's that look like this. They are the $2 bargain box specials..

6591.jpg

Anything half decent that is shielded like stated will do fine.

refs on here: bought from PioneerSPL1990, amartin_72, fasfocus00, Kowboy | Sold to evildave101, Louisiana_CRX, KAC1023, Zachfeen, ds0110 | refs on caco: 72impala, super_duper, KAC1023, tandrel | refs on ebay: my username is chevy-guy87

XKF8hb

I've never had a problem running the proper stinger rca cables or Memphis audio rca cables but the Memphis are harder to find now. The stinger work good and the price is in the mid range.

refs on here: bought from PioneerSPL1990, amartin_72, fasfocus00, Kowboy | Sold to evildave101, Louisiana_CRX, KAC1023, Zachfeen, ds0110 | refs on caco: 72impala, super_duper, KAC1023, tandrel | refs on ebay: my username is chevy-guy87

XKF8hb

I want to get new ones with the cheaper ends. The style in my link grabs the RCA jacks so tight that the shield around the jack broke loose from my amp and got stuck in the RCA cable. No damage it just pushes back on but I was like wth

I tried these and they worked great from Best Buy. Just don’t run them near any power wires (any RCA) and you’ll be all set. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/rocketfish-4-stereo-audio-rca-cable-gray/9807282.p?skuId=9807282

2014 Sienna 2-way active SQ system. SB Acoustics SB29RDCN Tweeters. Focal PS165V mid woofers. Pioneer D9500F 75 watts RMS x 4. Pioneer BHS 5800 HU. AudioControl EQX. 10” Alpine SWS sub in custom ported box tuned to 35 hz on JBL GTX 500.

2014 F-150 XL WT 2-way active budget SQ system. Tang Band 25-302SH 1" tweeters. Dayton Audio ND140-4 mid woofers. Pioneer D8604. JBL Club 5501. JL Audio Twk 88 DSP & FIX 86. Sundown SD3 10” sub ported/ 33Hz 1 cube.

2014 CX5 3-way active SQ system. Pioneer 1330 NIX HU. Dayton AMT tweeters. Celestion AN2775 2-3/4 midrange. NVX XSP65 mid woofers. Pioneer PRS D4200F 75 WPC x 4. Infinity K1000. JL Audio Twk 88 DSP. Sundown SA 12” 2 cube/33Hz.

I want to get new ones with the cheaper ends. The style in my link grabs the RCA jacks so tight that the shield around the jack broke loose from my amp and got stuck in the RCA cable. No damage it just pushes back on but I was like wth

yeah i got some short nice ones with gold ends that screw tighten and they a pain to get off, i use them on ht..

KENWOOD X301 HU, PRECISION POWER Phantom 1000, FU 750 12, 2.1cfad ported, soundqubed 6.5" coax/doors, hp & lp xover on hu, AGM starting batt...

Boomin_tahoe said:
2 ohms rule

Our cables are custom made to order in the USA and all of our lines are shielded properly. Lots of cheaper shielded cables do not properly ground the shield, or use foil as a shield which doesn't reject much, if any noise.

You can check them out at SounDrive Audio Store or email me at damien@soundrive.audio for bulk orders of 5+ sets.

Those cables look nice and braided shield too is very nice.

2014 Sienna 2-way active SQ system. SB Acoustics SB29RDCN Tweeters. Focal PS165V mid woofers. Pioneer D9500F 75 watts RMS x 4. Pioneer BHS 5800 HU. AudioControl EQX. 10” Alpine SWS sub in custom ported box tuned to 35 hz on JBL GTX 500.

2014 F-150 XL WT 2-way active budget SQ system. Tang Band 25-302SH 1" tweeters. Dayton Audio ND140-4 mid woofers. Pioneer D8604. JBL Club 5501. JL Audio Twk 88 DSP & FIX 86. Sundown SD3 10” sub ported/ 33Hz 1 cube.

2014 CX5 3-way active SQ system. Pioneer 1330 NIX HU. Dayton AMT tweeters. Celestion AN2775 2-3/4 midrange. NVX XSP65 mid woofers. Pioneer PRS D4200F 75 WPC x 4. Infinity K1000. JL Audio Twk 88 DSP. Sundown SA 12” 2 cube/33Hz.

I use monoprice cables. Less noise, better performance and build quality than knuconceptz at 1/3 the price.

https://www.monoprice.com/category?c_id=120&cp_id=12004&cs_id=1021814

09 Sienna Subs : Four Team Ascendant 18s......Sub amp: Two Taramps 15k

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS......Mids/Highs two pioneer gm 8604 bridged, one at 4 ohms bridged one at 2 ohms bridged, one ppi 600.2 for tweets.

Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.

320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

KENWOOD X301 HU, PRECISION POWER Phantom 1000, FU 750 12, 2.1cfad ported, soundqubed 6.5" coax/doors, hp & lp xover on hu, AGM starting batt...

Boomin_tahoe said:
2 ohms rule

09 Sienna Subs : Four Team Ascendant 18s......Sub amp: Two Taramps 15k

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS......Mids/Highs two pioneer gm 8604 bridged, one at 4 ohms bridged one at 2 ohms bridged, one ppi 600.2 for tweets.

Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.

320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

not even in the same league as sound drive cables, try again gramps.

oh i know not as good but doubt there be a noticeable diff for $ diff..

Boomin_tahoe said:
2 ohms rule

Ordered the Stinger SI4217. Not too cheap and not too expensive. Could use the extra 4ft also

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SHI4320-STINGER-20-FOOT-4-CHANNEL-HPM3-NOISE-REJECTION-QUALITY-RCA-CABLE-WIRES/110585966567?hash=item19bf6fefe7:g:EpkAAOxyTjNSeqlL

Ive been using these for years as well as the Zero Noise and have had great results/no issues. Stinger has served me well over the years with all theyre products,,RCAs, Wiring, Fuse blocks , and several other products/fueses ect.

2)American Bass VFL Mini Hybrid 4480.1D@1ohm Ea 4)American Bass XFL DVC 4ohm 12s@2.06cu Ft Ea.@32htz CDT 6,5 HD6 Briax.,CDT CL60,CDT 25 tweets,Kicker KS25 tweets Autotek Mean Machine 99@2ohms,Autotek BTX 7204@40hms AlterStarts Alt 255A/Dallas,Tx,2)Orileys Super Start AGM batts(1more coming)Cadence CCA 0ga on Big 6,AudioTechnix 0ga CCA Kicker Kq9 Eq,Eclipse CD3000(lookingfor upgrade)StingerPro Distro,3)XS Scorpian 8in Scroll Fans 1998 3dr Xcab Chevy(under construction,but operational)

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now