What battery(s) would you run?

4k rms? Do you have a high output alt/ big 3 yet? if not, then your on a road for disaster. What kind of vehicle do you have?

What amps do you have, and how big battery,and what ohm load are you running?

Those are the most important questions as far as im concerned.

That being said, i bought my Duracell G34 AGM at sams club for $129. they are popular around here and have good reviews. Great deal.

4k rms? Do you have a high output alt/ big 3 yet? if not, then your on a road for disaster. What kind of vehicle do you have?
What amps do you have, and how big battery,and what ohm load are you running?

Those are the most important questions as far as im concerned.

That being said, i bought my Duracell G34 AGM at sams club for $129. they are popular around here and have good reviews. Great deal.

1) Chrysler 300 / Stock Battery

2) Alt is stock at 160 im hoping it will do the job.

3) Big 3 in this car is not much of help I have read due to heavier gauge wiring being used already.

4) AMP currently is a little soundstream picasso 3500d 1ohm however I plan to get a NICE solid amp this summer. *Un decided on wich amp, open for suggestions*

5) Current Subwoofers are two 2000w RMS Untouchable Sound 12" https://untouchable-sounds.myshopify.com/collections/frontpage/products/untouchable-sounds-king-series-12-d1 However I have plans to get two sundown jv4 rev2 eventually. So preferabbly my next amp upgrade is strong enough to power that setup.

you can see the box for the setup here. Just finished it tonight,

$129 seems cheap! the ones im looking at are 300+ bucks without cables ;/

1) Chrysler 300 / Stock Battery2) Alt is stock at 160 im hoping it will do the job.

3) Big 3 in this car is not much of help I have read due to heavier gauge wiring being used already.

4) AMP currently is a little soundstream picasso 3500d 1ohm however I plan to get a NICE solid amp this summer. *Un decided on wich amp, open for suggestions*

5) Current Subwoofers are two 2000w RMS Untouchable Sound 12" https://untouchable-sounds.myshopify.com/collections/frontpage/products/untouchable-sounds-king-series-12-d1 However I have plans to get two sundown jv4 rev2 eventually. So preferabbly my next amp upgrade is strong enough to power that setup.

you can see the box for the setup here. Just finished it tonight,

I had multiple 300's, the 3.5l and the hemi..

Both have the large red power wire which is 0 gauge, but the rest is not 0 gauge.. the ground wire is more like 8 gauge.

Also mechman and many other companys offer a 240+ amp alternator for 399+.

An AGM battery its self did wonders for the 300.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I had multiple 300's, the 3.5l and the hemi..
Both have the large red power wire which is 0 gauge, but the rest is not 0 gauge.. the ground wire is more like 8 gauge.

Also mechman and many other companys offer a 240+ amp alternator for 399+.

An AGM battery its self did wonders for the 300.

Wait are you using the AGM as a second battery or the primary?

Wait are you using the AGM as a second battery or the primary?
AGM as a primary, you do not want to mix a standard lead acid battery with agm..
Lithium and agm is perfectly fine.

Look into autozone, oreily, advanceauto agm brand batteries.

They are all odyssey batteries that work fine as a primary, the secondary battery can be a much more audio specific like lithium or just xs power or any other brand you prefer.

I got my under the hood batt from advance auto for 140. Do they still run the primary batt in that car in the trunk? Should make it fairly easy to add batts if so. I have an xs975 in the rear near the amp.

Ah I didn't think about changing my primary battery before adding a second battery.

Right now I only am running the Soundstream Picasso 3500D and im getting dimming during hard hits. I dont plan on upgrading my amp for several months. I wonder if JUST a good AGM as primary will work without a second battery. Atleast untill I get more power.

What do you think?

1) Big 3 install

2) AGM battery

3) SECOND BATTERY (xs or w/e) ONLY if needed or when I get better amp.

I got my under the hood batt from advance auto for 140. Do they still run the primary batt in that car in the trunk? Should make it fairly easy to add batts if so. I have an xs975 in the rear near the amp.
yup all in the trunk //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

A little off topic but here is the first dry fit , glue still abit gooey I couldnt wait haha. I need amp rack idea now hmmmm

https://ibb.co/dNySCR

https://ibb.co/g9dSCR

Ah I didn't think about changing my primary battery before adding a second battery.
Right now I only am running the Soundstream Picasso 3500D and im getting dimming during hard hits. I dont plan on upgrading my amp for several months. I wonder if JUST a good AGM as primary will work without a second battery. Atleast untill I get more power.

What do you think?

1) Big 3 install

2) AGM battery

3) SECOND BATTERY (xs or w/e) ONLY if needed or when I get better amp.
yeah the duracell is good idea but i got my starter agm at advance., by it online u get 20-25% off so mine was like $136 and go up there and they install it.. as far as better amp have u looked at the wolframs pretty good deals on them and just for power orion xtr 2500 does over 3k, twisted sounds 2.8k i think did 4k..

yeah the duracell is good idea but i got my starter agm at advance., by it online u get 20-25% off so mine was like $136 and go up there and they install it.. as far as better amp have u looked at the wolframs pretty good deals on them and just for power orion xtr 2500 does over 3k, twisted sounds 2.8k i think did 4k..
TBH I havent got that far yet it was a headache figuring out the FiX 86 is what I needed to keep factory deck. Im new to this and trying to make it right. Ide love to get a good amp right now , however im still in the process of the basics it seems to prepare for bigger //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif so for right now i will try the big 3, agm battery and hope it hold me over untill a new amp and second battery.

that twisted sounds looks mean, thats right up my ally when I upgrade, why such a price dif from that and the orion !?!?

thats better than the initial 350+ I was going to spend on the second battery b4 primary upgraded.
just to clearify this is the battery u guys are talking about https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/autocraft-platinum-agm-battery-group-size-h7-850-cca-h7-agm/10210826-P?navigationPath=L1*14920%7CL2*15000%7CL3*15597 with discount exact fit to my car its 210.48
yeah thats it 3yr warranty to but should be $165 + tax after 25% off.. grab that 25% pop up when u go there.. now there are other better agm batts but this is good for me..i have seen it test at 13v.. also i had load test done on it for fun 2 weeks ago mine is a 740 cca it tested 953cca at 12.65v at 109 degrees.. my old batt was a 800cca it tested at 529 which is y i replaced it lol...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.