Best way to mount subwoofers? Save space!

Participant count
  • Participant list
What is the most effective way to mount subwoofers that will save space in your overall build? I'm doing two 18's. To expand on as much internal box volume as possible how should they be mounted?

Is a wall very effective at saving volume?

Aero port?

What sounds best? I know that's very generalized. I guess I just want to know what enclosure wouldn't take away from sound quality and save me some space.

I have a limited amount of space to install the subs. Like 17 cubic ft to add enclosure and subs. So basically I need the best method possible to reduce materials so that it doesn't take away from total volume.

I was thinking I could wall it and shell the entire rear sides/roof/back of cabin with foam inside metal panels as filler and birch overlayed. Would that negatively impact port possibilities? Can you port a walled style enclosure? If you do make a wall, can you angle the baffle up/down without negative side-effects?

I WANT SOUND QUALITY; SPL is not a concern.

If you have a link that better covers my questions go ahead and post it to simply your response.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

There are several ways to save the most internal volume possibly in general. Instead of using wood internally to brace, in certain spots you can use Bolts / rods going all the way through the enclosure or in certain parts. Using aeroports can save some internal volume if you extend the aeroports some externally. You can also invert subs if needed to save that internal volume.

There are several ways to save the most internal volume possibly in general. Instead of using wood internally to brace, in certain spots you can use Bolts / rods going all the way through the enclosure or in certain parts. Using aeroports can save some internal volume if you extend the aeroports some externally. You can also invert subs if needed to save that internal volume.
I just have to find the best way for my application. Which I don't expect anyone to know the answer to. Just looking for tips thank you. 97 extended cab k1500 chevy truck.
Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.