Sunroof rattle/noise issue

dacfan

Hey guys i'm new to the forum and wanted to know if anyone else is having major sunroof rattle? I have a 2001 suburban and the sunroof is flapping so hard it's a big distraction. I'm planning on removing it and was wondering if anyone else has done this and if so what would be the best way to do it?

Yeah it,s already got two layers i'm wanting to remove the glass and track. Was hoping someone had already done this and could give me some pointers. Is sound dampening material flammable?

Yeah it,s already got two layers i'm wanting to remove the glass and track. Was hoping someone had already done this and could give me some pointers. Is sound dampening material flammable?
crap idk that either it would melt fs..

Take it to a body shop if you want to properly seal up your sunroof. I've seen it done and if you don't know what you're doing with fiberglass/bondo/paint it'll look ghetto as hell.

Take it to a body shop if you want to properly seal up your sunroof. I've seen it done and if you don't know what you're doing with fiberglass/bondo/paint it'll look ghetto as hell.
This. Seal it off by removing it/replacing it with a piece of metal. Seen people do this.

Hey guys i'm new to the forum and wanted to know if anyone else is having major sunroof rattle? I have a 2001 suburban and the sunroof is flapping so hard it's a big distraction. I'm planning on removing it and was wondering if anyone else has done this and if so what would be the best way to do it?
Haha I sealed mine with black silicone on the out side, removed my headliner for deadening and in the headliner is a bracket for the track and what not and ended up sealing around it inside as well. Still have yet to put the headliner back in, I believe the only thing holding the window in is the silicone and it’s been fine for the last year. Obviously not usable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.