Sign in to follow this  
BOOMINGRANDPA

anyone tried rockville subs for fun? it looks pretty good for $49

i'd like to play with 2 but with a dual box it would be took much $ (to me) for playing around but i have 2 single 12 boxes.. i mean look at it has kevlar in the cone probably very little excursion but still and has 30 day refund on it so if it sound like crap i can send it back if it sounds ok i'll have another back up.. very sensitive too i could even run 1 at 4 ohm (600rms) but if i do 2 ohms just set gain crazy low be more than 2x rated power https://www.rockvilleaudio.com/W12K6D4/

KENWOOD X301 HU, PRECISION POWER Phantom 1000, FU 750 12, 2.1cfad ported, soundqubed 6.5" coax/doors, hp & lp xover on hu, AGM starting batt...

Boomin_tahoe said:
2 ohms rule

Be a man and go with cast aluminum frame! Besides, they're outta stock.

97 4 dr. Tahoe

Interstate battery

Alpine 9835

Polk Audio MM6501 comps

Wolfram amps coming soon, 3000.1, 125.4

2 Sundown Audio X 15's Tuned @ 30Hz.

Knukonceptz/Royal Excelene wiring

Be a man and go with cast aluminum frame! Besides, they're outta stock.

i mean those subs though, the other subs they have don't look as cool and not as cheap.. i didn't even look at in stock part.. for all i know they maybe discontinued i was just wondering if anyone heard them..

KENWOOD X301 HU, PRECISION POWER Phantom 1000, FU 750 12, 2.1cfad ported, soundqubed 6.5" coax/doors, hp & lp xover on hu, AGM starting batt...

Boomin_tahoe said:
2 ohms rule

they handle 800 watts and come pre glued? **** fu

they handle 800 watts and come pre glued? **** fu

lol.. just got email fu having a sale fu 300 12" $59.99 maybe i get 1 of those..

Boomin_tahoe said:
2 ohms rule

i mean those subs though, the other subs they have don't look as cool and not as cheap.. i didn't even look at in stock part.. for all i know they maybe discontinued i was just wondering if anyone heard them..

Meh, save your money....

97 4 dr. Tahoe

Interstate battery

Alpine 9835

Polk Audio MM6501 comps

Wolfram amps coming soon, 3000.1, 125.4

2 Sundown Audio X 15's Tuned @ 30Hz.

Knukonceptz/Royal Excelene wiring

If you are bargain hunting.

American Bass XO 1244 12 Inch 400w RMS DVC 4 Ohm Subwoofer - SSA STORE

Or cheap nvx sub line, cheap skar sub line, Wolfram audio cheap sub lineup, etc.

I'd stay away from Rockville imo

refs on here: bought from PioneerSPL1990, amartin_72, fasfocus00, Kowboy | Sold to evildave101, Louisiana_CRX, KAC1023, Zachfeen, ds0110 | refs on caco: 72impala, super_duper, KAC1023, tandrel | refs on ebay: my username is chevy-guy87

XKF8hb

I can't even find tsp's for Rockville subs, I'd stay away.

American Bass low end stuff is pretty good for the money.

giphy.gif

I put a Rockville RMW8P sub in my nieces's car for Christmas. Alpine makes one IDENTICAL to it. The Rockville was $65. The Alpine is $250.

I brought her car to the local audio shop to actually drop the Alpine unit in the car to see IF it was any better. It, sadly, was not. The cheap

Rockville sounded FAR better than the Alpine. Maybe the Zeus 1200.1 wasnt enough for the Alpine sub with accordion surround.

I am actually putting together a system for my wife's new CX-5. The amp will be an RXH-F5, 5 channel. The door replacement speakers will

be 8" coaxials and a sub enclosure in the spare well with a single 10". I've done this same setup before in a '90 Blazer fullsize, and I was

very impressed with it overall. They do their CEA ratings pretty well. With that being said, I do like the brand in general.

Rockville.

https://www.rockvilleaudio.com/rmw8p/

Alpine.

https://alpine-usa.com/product/view/sbr-s8-4/

5 Channel Rockville amp.

https://www.rockvilleaudio.com/rxh-f5/

8" Coaxial Marine Speakers.

https://www.rockvilleaudio.com/2-rmsts80b/

If you are bargain hunting.

American Bass XO 1244 12 Inch 400w RMS DVC 4 Ohm Subwoofer - SSA STORE

Or cheap nvx sub line, cheap skar sub line, Wolfram audio cheap sub lineup, etc.

I'd stay away from Rockville imo

yeah i was looking at lower end alphards but i wondered about the nvx.. could probably find a skar vvx used like $75.. or finally try the $50 earthquake i wanted idk y i like it but i do lol..

Boomin_tahoe said:
2 ohms rule

I can't even find tsp's for Rockville subs, I'd stay away.

American Bass low end stuff is pretty good for the money.

i shoulda just got the d2 hds 312 when it was $129 instead of playing with subs for 1/2 the $.. i need more mat anyway i just like to try new stuff, just not new 300-$400 stuff lol..

Boomin_tahoe said:
2 ohms rule

Those rockvilles are really solid for what they are.

Quite few ppl used rockville in the 150$ challenge with good luck.

One of my buddies did 146 on 1 Rockville 10

Team Flex Issues

JVF Customz

REFS- Supergumby5000, Lastcall, 919motoring, hippishake, daboyfromdabx (great seller), beach22

Instead of buying two or three junk subs a year just save up for 2 years and buy something nice. If you know you're in this hobby with both feet and for the long haul why screw around?

Instead of buying two or three junk subs a year just save up for 2 years and buy something nice. If you know you're in this hobby with both feet and for the long haul why screw around?

yeah i know that y i haven't bought a lanzar, ppi, earthquake, fu 300 or lcs300 cause whata do with those once u play them for 10 days?, sell for $20? i used to get new subs free like every couple months and i just like to hear diff subs so i know if they really crap or not bad for the $., still say my pioneer 3003 best bang for buck i've heard..

Boomin_tahoe said:
2 ohms rule

Those rockvilles are really solid for what they are.

Quite few ppl used rockville in the 150$ challenge with good luck.

One of my buddies did 146 on 1 Rockville 10

wow thats crazy did he have 6k on it lol..

Boomin_tahoe said:
2 ohms rule

He clamped like 3k

Team Flex Issues

JVF Customz

REFS- Supergumby5000, Lastcall, 919motoring, hippishake, daboyfromdabx (great seller), beach22

M buddy had 4 15s Rockville’s and did a 152db no wall. All the woofers did blow up after prly like 1yr... he wished he would have just bought sundown from the get go lol

wow thats crazy did he have 6k on it lol..

M buddy had 4 15s Rockville’s and did a 152db no wall. All the woofers did blow up after prly like 1yr... he wished he would have just bought sundown from the get go lol

152 OUTLAW

Anyway, I bet direct swap with SA15's he'd gain 1.5 to 2.5dB

yeah but sundown don't have $50-$70 subs.. i'm still thinking about dark audio 3" coil but 500rms $109 they basically same as the cheap cab.. also just saw skar has new sub looks like about the same basket anyway but 2.5" coil..

Boomin_tahoe said:
2 ohms rule

The skar sdr?

Motor is very weak on that. BL^2/re figure is very low. Basically its a cheap, flawed driver. The vvx is notably better

Team Flex Issues

JVF Customz

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this