Ces 2018

no i don't see much stuff before it comes out anymore.. i went to ces twice when i worked at shop owner got the room all we had to do was buy plane ticket.. it was pretty awesome even a long time ago..

I was going until I got in a car wreck the other day..... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif Plane tickets were only $400.

I go to all the shows with the Orion crew and am good friends with alot of them but I think the SPLX subs are going to just be insanely power hungry inefficient subs.
Did you see the pics on facebook? Taller than W7's. Yeah, they don't look very well engineered/made.

Did you see the pics on facebook? Taller than W7's. Yeah, they don't look very well engineered/made.
Yeah Tim Johnson showed me the first one around a year ago. It was very poorly built. The excuse was "its a prototype" but I was not impressed at all. Plus 200 pounds is just stupid. Look at the NSV4. 23% more motor force and dropped from 95 pounds to 50.. Ive had some heavy subs and they ****. Literally had to use a floor jack to mount Tims SPLs. Bigger is better is not always the case in car audio.

Yeah Tim Johnson showed me the first one around a year ago. It was very poorly built. The excuse was "its a prototype" but I was not impressed at all. Plus 200 pounds is just stupid. Look at the NSV4. 23% more motor force and dropped from 95 pounds to 50.. Ive had some heavy subs and they ****. Literally had to use a floor jack to mount Tims SPLs. Bigger is better is not always the case in car audio.
Lots of ooo's/aahh's going around on FB groups....little do they know of it's poorly design...I can just look at the spider landing it's not big enough to accomodate that surround/xmax. I don't think it's gonna do well...however it might grab hardcore SPL contendors attention....200 lbs is beyond rediculous. I had a hard time picking up my 50 lb subs! Ain't because I'm weak(well maybe) but because age is catching up to me.

Speaking of FB groups.. Made me think of Fanatics Bass Groups, FB Audio.

As we are a dealer for both FB Audio and Alphard, there is a reason why we will not install Alphard subs in our car.

As the future comes, less weight is required in our vehicles.

Better fuel economy, lighter vehicles, etc.

The first big step in car audio is moving to lithium.

The next big step is using lighter subwoofers.

When we first got FB Audio into the USA 2 years ago, one thing that stood out from this complete fresh new buildhouse is the weight of the drivers.

63lbs for a 5,000wrms driver

51lbs for a 3,000wrms driver

34lbs for a 1,600wrms driver

And so on..

My Ethos i purchased when DSS first started was rated at 1750wrms i think and was 61lbs.

I've had DC XLs back when they were rated for 1500-1600wrms and were over 50lbs if i remember right.

That's too much weight for such small drivers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.