Old school RE XXX just blew, good options for replacement?

smackura

Hi, running an old school (2003 or earlier) 12 in RE XXX D2 sub that just blew. It blew a few years back and had a recone that got me through many years, but unfortunately blew again and not sure if a recone service is still an option as much as I love it. It's in a 2.5 @ 32 hz ported box running off of an Elemental Designs Nine.1 (running in 1 ohm). First off, do you know of any options to get these reconed? If not, are there any comparable replacements that would work well in that same box/amp setup?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Doubt that recone works as intended. The coil is in the gap 10mm looks like the coil isn't correctly going to center.. the whole point is the coil is half way in between two gaps spaced proportional to the gap and coil height.
You know that is just a generic picture right? Scott the owner of Fi was 1/2 of the original RE audio...enocer-X3-ER is RE-3X (XXX) recone backwards for those who don't know...so the recone would be a perfect drop in

You know that is just a generic picture right? Scott the owner of Fi was 1/2 of the original RE audio...enocer-X3-ER is RE-3X (XXX) recone backwards for those who don't know...so the recone would be a perfect drop in
You i know both of them but Dan Wiggins designed that woofer and it's very unique. **** I'd put a TI basket with some 10" progressive spiders on it. It will sound better and have better thermal powerhandling..

Sell it to me?
Currently waiting on Fixmyspeaker.com to get back to me and would much rather just keep this going as it was perfect for my needs. Will keep you in mind for sure if there are no options to keep it going, but if I can't find someone to service it I'd rather try to recone myself before throwing in the towel.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.