Wouldn't 4 8s be louder than 1 15?

dudeogo

Actually a Potato
I know it has been recommended to me to go with 1 15 in my Mazda, and I trust you guys so I wanted to bounce another idea off because I know y'all won't steer me wrong. What about 4 HDS208s on 3k? or even 3 10s? those are both higher cone areas. I am very drawn to the 4HDS208s. Theyre very nice sounding to my wallet and give me a higher cone area. Plus at 0.5 cubes or thereabouts ported recommended I can do a very healthy sized box for them.

Depends on what you want to do. If you do one, you'll always wonder what the other would sound like. No matter which one you chose, you'll only be satisfied for so long. Then you'll wonder what higher caliber 8's or 15 would sound like.

I say do one you haven't done yet, but if I had to chose I would do the 15 for simplicity and possibly cost down the road depending on what you pick.

What 15 were you thinking about?

I would do 1 15

Very easy to get decently loud with 1 15 and 3k

Are you getting a h/o alt for the speed3?

[quote name='SubbinNCali']Depends on what you want to do. If you do one, you'll always wonder what the other would sound like. No matter which one you chose, you'll only be satisfied for so long. Then you'll wonder what higher caliber 8's or 15 would sound like.

I say do one you haven't done yet, but if I had to chose I would do the 15 for simplicity and possibly cost down the road depending on what you pick.[/QUOTE]

Ive already done 1 15 before. 4 8s sounds interesting and more cone area. Plus if I like it I could just swap to SSA F8ls which I would buy in the first place if @denim could hook me up with a coupon <3

What 15 were you thinking about?I would do 1 15

Very easy to get decently loud with 1 15 and 3k

Are you getting a h/o alt for the speed3?
HDC415 on the same power. Just seems kinda boring and less cone area lol. Seeing as I've done a 15 before.

Yes I'm going to get a team GP alt at some point for the Speed3

The 15 has already been recommended to me yall just know how building a system is. Just dreaming up all my options.

[quote name='dudeogo']Ive already done 1 15 before. 4 8s sounds interesting and more cone area. Plus if I like it I could just swap to SSA F8ls which I would buy in the first place if @denim could hook me up with a coupon <3[/QUOTE]

The 8's would be fun and surprise folks!

HDC415 on the same power. Just seems kinda boring and less cone area lol. Seeing as I've done a 15 before.
Yes I'm going to get a team GP alt at some point for the Speed3

The 15 has already been recommended to me yall just know how building a system is. Just dreaming up all my options.
hows that hannibal sound?

hows that hannibal sound?
amazing. Its awesome! Much better than an SA sub in my opinion. as a reference. The Hannibal has a lot of excursion. I had it at a GP car audio show it might have made it online somewhere.

---------- Post added at 01:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 PM ----------

The 8's would be fun and surprise folks!
Thats what I'm thinking! sounds like a sleeper sound system for my sleeper car!

[quote name='dudeogo']Ive already done 1 15 before. 4 8s sounds interesting and more cone area. Plus if I like it I could just swap to SSA F8ls which I would buy in the first place if @denim could hook me up with a coupon <3[/QUOTE]

lots of 4 8s builds in my area, one in a mazda speed 3, none of them ever came close to breaking 150 db.

lots of 4 8s builds in my area, one in a mazda speed 3, none of them ever came close to breaking 150 db.
Why do you think that is? Why would 1 15 which is less cone area on the same power be louder? Just not enough box testing?

The difference in cone area is equivalent to a 6” woofer. For simplicity sake ide personally do the single 15 but if I wanted the wtf factor of seeing people’s faces when I pop the trunk ide do the 8s!

The difference in cone area is equivalent to a 6” woofer. For simplicity sake ide personally do the single 15 but if I wanted the wtf factor of seeing people’s faces when I pop the trunk ide do the 8s!
well although that is true the cone difference on a 15 equivocates it to around a 13 inch woofer. So they are still similar. Yeah honestly I really want some of the WTF factor

hdc4 on what amp?

I'd do the one 15 on 3500-4k

You could do the 8's and get away with using half of that power.

I'd do the single 15 all day.

Not sure why that sounds boring? Breaking necks with a single sub is the way to go //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif

hdc4 on what amp?
I'd do the one 15 on 3500-4k

You could do the 8's and get away with using half of that power.

I'd do the single 15 all day.

Not sure why that sounds boring? Breaking necks with a single sub is the way to go //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif
i hadnt decided what amp yet. but for a small amount of time was going to run on 2 apcl1500.1s strapped. I know they **** but it would just be temporary. Hopfully two more reliable 2ks strapped.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.